• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1E Oriental Adventure with 2E Modules

pemerton

Legend
Wow... the Monk gets the Cleric THAC0.... nice!!! I started writing stuff up and for some odd reason I had them as Rogue class, but the Cleric THAC0 makes sense.

Thanks.
The 1st ed AD&D PHB and the OA book both give the monk thief attacks, but this was errata-ed to cleric in the DMG, and again in Dragon 121.

jaz0nj4ckal

First Post
The 1st ed AD&D PHB and the OA book both give the monk thief attacks, but this was errata-ed to cleric in the DMG, and again in Dragon 121.

Wish I had the old Dragon mags.... this is a roughly the 5th time that someone has mentioned that Dragon has an article that would answer or help me with my question...++laugh++

maybe I would start looking on Ebay for them.

thanks
JJ

pemerton

Legend
Wish I had the old Dragon mags.... this is a roughly the 5th time that someone has mentioned that Dragon has an article that would answer or help me with my question...++laugh++

maybe I would start looking on Ebay for them.

thanks
JJ
I've got some of them in hardcopy from the mid-to-late 80s. But I've also got a copy of the 5-CD version that WotC released around 15 years ago. It has all the Dragons up to 250. If you can find a copy of that somewhere at a reasonable price, I'd recommend it ahead of individual hard copies.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Ah, Ronin's Challenge, this brings me back to when my buddy ran me through this module in 1991 when I lived on Maui, those were the days, but, yeah, as others have said, 1st and 2nd Ed are the most compatible of editions (I consider them one), I would recommend using 2nd Ed's combat system, but using OA for things like Martial Arts, even 2nd Ed products, such as the Horde boxed set and the 2nd Ed Ninja Wars module recommend using 1st Ed OA juiciness.

jaz0nj4ckal

First Post
Ah, Ronin's Challenge, this brings me back to when my buddy ran me through this module in 1991 when I lived on Maui, those were the days, but, yeah, as others have said, 1st and 2nd Ed are the most compatible of editions (I consider them one), I would recommend using 2nd Ed's combat system, but using OA for things like Martial Arts, even 2nd Ed products, such as the Horde boxed set and the 2nd Ed Ninja Wars module recommend using 1st Ed OA juiciness.

Thanks for the insight Steely Dan - I have always gazed at the Horde Boxed set, but never brought myself to purchase it. A few years back a local game store was selling a boat load of 2nd Edition stuff; however, I was not in the position to purchase the crap, and each passing day regret that I could not.

Thanks.

Remove ads