• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You know, ...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
What I got out of it is:
Rust monster destroy sword/armor in one bite = bad. [normal]
Rust monster partially destroy sword/armor but it repairs itself in 10 mins = bad. [the way in the monster development on WOTC's site]
Rust monster dealing some hp damage and destroying sword/armor in several bites = good. [what someone suggested]

First can be too painful, second just seems cheap and third makes you worry, but isn't instantaneously bad.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I followed it for awhile, but didn't post. Since I've been so negative lately regarding the MMIV I didn't want to be seen as a complainer. ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Someone with an evil mind could summarize it as that:

- Theoretical rust monster redesign is posted.
- The discussion begins with "I like it, but" posters who dislike the autorepair. Suggestions for changes are made.
- The "nothing is wrong with the old one" posters enter the fray. Their argument is that the new one coddles players.
- The "The new one is better" posters follow suit. Their argument is that the old one was antagonistic to players.
- Around here, some fluff using the new monster is posted.
- The "nothing is wrong with the old one" posters say that the old rust monster is just fine if you coddle your players, and wonder how gaming could have ever evolved if players are so whiny as the other fraction makes it sound.
- The "The new one is better" posters continue with often made-up examples of how ol' rusty could ruin the game.
- Scenario ideas with both the old and the new rusty are posted.
- More ideas on how to change rusty are made.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
I followed it for awhile, but didn't post. Since I've been so negative lately regarding the MMIV I didn't want to be seen as a complainer. ;)

ah, quit yer complainin!

Remove ads