• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB Poll: Signature Style gained

Which Signature Style should be gained?

• The last style used when all flags were neutral?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The style used to win the match?

Votes: 15 93.8%

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just wondering what others thought. Anybody remember the reason why this was set up like this in the first place? (In the rules as they stand, the fighter gains the signature style of whatever style was used the last time all the flags were neutral) If not, or if the reason is not that big a deal, wouldn't it be easier to take the last move used as the Signature Style that is learned? I think it would be neater flavor wise to learn the style that you won the match with instead of some style in the middle of the match.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Phoenix8008 said:

So you see no problem with implementing this change for the new rules if the voting keeps going like it has so far, Wicht?

None at all - I was going to do it anyway after you asked the first time :) ;)

I really don't know why 47 had it the way he did and the only reason I left it that way was cuz thats the way it had been and I didn't think much about it.

Vanor

First Post
the only reason I can think of, to use the style when the flags where last neutral, is to put a limit on people 'fishing' not for a good move, but for a style they want.

Myself personaly, I'd like to see a little more choice in what styles you get... But maybe that's just me.

Phoenix8008

First Post
What are you thinking of Vanor? Choose any one style that you used in the fight to be your new signature style? Or just choose any style at all from the whole list?

Wicht

Hero
Well - if you make it to yellow before there are any greens - a very likely event for current players - you get to choose your own dojo style :)

Same goes to people reaching green or brown without having someone else in the higher tiers. And Yakuza without higher ups get to choose their own gang turf.

edited to add... And if there are already green and browns they will have between 3-5 sig styles each for a yellow to choose from for dojo styles and thus again you can pick one you like and join them.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Yet another display of the genius of Wicht everyone! Answering our prayers before we even get a chance to ask them! Hallelujah!! Preach on Brother!:D

Lady Diamond

First Post
I think the last round-winning flag in a match (determined by the judge, naturally) ought to determine the winner's style. "Fisherfolk" have no way of knowin' if that move they "hooked" will win or not (if the judge is a bit unpredictable). :)

*clink*clink*.. hey where's all these pennies comin' from, I have a hole in my pocket ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads