• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC might still want to stop Third Party VTTs in their new draft

This had been mentioned by Youtubers in yesterday's streams (the RulesLawyer if I recall correctly) and it should be emphasized. This paragraph doesn't necessarily say that VTT would be allowed under their new OGL. It only lists using a VTT (preferably their own) as a viable fan activity unaffected by their changes, among a list of other fan activities.
Oh for God’s sake, I think you’re right. They mean things like paid DMing on VTTs.

They got me. That strange hyphenated word did strike me as odd, but like others, I thought they meant VTTs would be unaffected—which surprised me, since my whole theory of the case was that this whole thing was, in part, meant to ensure that people couldn’t keep playing 5e online with SRD-only automation and third-party support after 6e and their own VTT launches.

There’s no one on earth who would write “VTT-uses” if they really just mean “VTTs.”

They’re still trying to hoodwink us with tricksy wordcraft.

Last edited:

Remove ads