• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Which 2e campaign setting should make a comeback in 4e?

Which 2e setting should make a comeback?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Birthright

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 43 22.4%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Oriental Adventures

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 20 10.4%

Aloïsius

First Post
Dark sun, of course ! I think it's the more "4e" of the old setting (point of light, heroes start at third level, heroes are less dependant of magic item ...)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Jhulae said:
Not on the list, but Mystara!

I *loved* Mystara and all the gazetteers! They started doing Mystara for 2nd Edition, but didn't get very far. It'd be awesome to see that setting again.
^
|
Points at what he said. I'd really like to see Mystara back, I've missed it ever since 1e. And I'd love to see it get the high production quality/great art treatment of a modern first-rate hardcover.

A'koss

Explorer
Without question, Planescape is the setting I'd like to see make a return more than any of the others. I've always had a soft spot for Dark Sun, but I've always felt it was more of a "one trick pony" setting and generally used it as a place for the PCs to visit, not to stay. Same can be said about Ravenloft & Oriental Adventures. Spelljammer is only D&D setting I openly despise, I'd be sanguine to see any of the others produced...

I can't believe I'm the only person who voted for Al-Qadim. :(

That said, it was a very tough choice. (The only reason I didn't vote Ravenloft is that it is coming back, as a fiction line. Between new fiction and all the old RPG material, I think it's set for a while. I still want it back, but the need isn't as immediate.)

I could also just as easily welcome Dark Sun back with open arms.

resistor

First Post
I voted for Planescape, because it's my favorite, but I'd really like to see any of them come back. I don't have the time/money to invest in acquiring the old materials (I started playing around the time of 3e), and I'd love to have to chance to experience them all.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I would prefer to see a completely new setting, rather than an old one, but I suppose if it had to be an old one, Oriental Adventures is always good. It adds needed setting variety.

I am also interested in Birthright. The premise behind it seems fascinating. However, I have no first-hand experience with the setting, so I couldn't really vote for it...

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I'd have to say Birthright, because it is such a different setting for PC adventures (i.e. the more political line of adventuring) and it is the area which has possible seen the least love - didn't it come about in the tail end of TSRs days?

Remove ads