• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Where is 3.5 edition?

Rashak Mani

First Post
I´ve been away from the board for a while, now that I´m back everyone is talking about 3.5.
Where can I see/find stuff about the 3.5?
When will it be published?

Overall, what´s the general consensus on these new rules? Good stuff?

Thanks

Dr. Zoom

First Post
WotC will release revised core rule books in July of this year. That includes the PH, DMG, and MM. Go to the EN World main page for a link to a 3.5e page of information.

fba827

Adventurer
Rashak Mani said:
I´ve been away from the board for a while, now that I´m back everyone is talking about 3.5.
Where can I see/find stuff about the 3.5?
When will it be published?

Overall, what´s the general consensus on these new rules? Good stuff?

Thanks

In case a link was needed:

http://www.enworld.org/modules.php?...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=37&page=1

Basically, they are taking 3e rules, incorporating their updates/errata thus far. And then modifying certain aspects of it but keeping the same general base line.

The types of things they are modifying are things that have proved to be the things that they get the most questions on (why does the ranger seem so front-loaded, how do certain spells seem broken, why are these movement types so complicated, etc.) and that is what they will be modifying -- ranger class has reportedly gotten the largest revision. spells have been altered, partial actions have been removed and movement itself has received some face-lifts, etc...

only the three core books are rceiving the "upgrade" with information on how to modify what already own in other products. It is supposedly easy modifications.

the SRD will be updated with the new edition so you will have it available online if you do not wish to purchase the three new core books.

anyway, there is no consensus though many are apt to love or hate it based on the few sneak peaks we've received. some have already made firm (?) decisions to not make the upgrade. many others are choosing to reserve judgement until the product is released (in July of this year).

(ah, oh yeah, monster manual is getting a different format/layout - such as adding a line entry for grapple checks for each monster, etc.).

Kraedin

First Post
Harm has a damage cap of 10 per caster level, maximum 150, with a Will save for half.

Haste affects multiple targets, and grants an extra attack, +1 to hit, +1 to AC, +1 to Reflex saves, and +30 speed. (I'm not entirely sure on the specific bonuses.)

Leohat

First Post
Does anyone know if WotC will be putting any kind "Conversion Booklet". Basicly a listing of what all has been changed. Either in print or on the Web.

I don't plan on buying new books and don't mind whipping out my trusty #2 pencil and making the changes manually.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Leohat, you won't want to do it that way; there are hundreds of little shifts! You'd be better off printing out the SRD, although it'd probably cost you as much in paper and ink as a book would.

But even if WotC doesn't, some folks here will inevitably go through and create a pdf with the changes.

Hey, welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

Remove ads