• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV What will make more money DADHAT or BG3?

mamba

Legend
I refuse to watch dumb clickbait, who is the "they" who "fear" BG3...?
every other RPG game dev, for its awesomeness (effort put into it, using a specialized engine made for this type of game… so effort, because the other half is pretty much always true…), only saw the first 30 secs or so though ;)

I take this as ‘game that is being hyped’, and for that I certainly saw more W3 than BG3 hype

Parmandur

Book-Friend
every other RPG game dev, for its awesomeness (effort put into it, using a specialized engine made for this type of game… so effort, because the other half is pretty much always true…), only saw the first 30 secs or so though ;)

I take this as ‘game that is being hyped’, and for that I certainly saw more W3 than BG3 hype
Well, yeah, Witcher is an open world action adventure game. If BG3 sells a fifth of what Witcher 3 did, it will handily displace Final Fantasy and Mass Effect for best in class for the genre.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What the VoD numbers?
How many views Honor of Thieves was getting on pay per view services, seperate from DVD or Streaming. It has done very well, enough to bridge the box office gsp based on similar movies. It will make money when all is said and done. But a minority successful movie is nowhere near successful video games in revenue potential. Games started getting bigger than movies in the 90's.

Remove ads