• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What have you done for your DM/GM at the end of a campaign?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'm just finishing up a game of Dragon Heist game with a brand new DM. It was a great game and the DM really did a fantastic job for his first time. I talked with my fellow players and we decided to give him a set of Xanathar's eyeballs dice to remember the game by. That made me think about previous games where we made it all the way the end of the road. I did a dinner for the end of my Curse of Strahd game, for instance.

What have you done? What fun experiences or gifts have you given to your DM/GM to celebrate the end of a game?

aco175

Legend
A cool thing to me would be just a framed piece of paper with the module cover or something close enough if homebrew. Just a printed off thing with a cheap frame would be cool to put on a wall when you get a few of them. Maybe character sheets or something.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The main reason I'm doing it is that this is a first time DM and I want to encourage him to continue. He hit so many good practices that many experienced DMs don't even get.
You have my full support! Sometimes GMing can seem like a thankless job, and feedback compliments can be few and far between. A gesture like this wont be forgotten.

One DM several years back had a map of his campaign world he made in Inkarnate. When the campaign wrapped we had a framed, poster-sized print made of the map for him.

Not a GM gift, but another time a player had a custom art commission done of the party, so that was a cool memento.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
What have you done? What fun experiences or gifts have you given to your DM/GM to celebrate the end of a game?
I received commissioned art of the whole party after they completed LMoP, which is one of the easiest paths to my heart.

Remove ads