• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What feat next? :)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
You could try Reach Spell or Sacred Spell.

However, since you are not really interested in any of the suggestions here, you could just tell your DM that nothing interests you and you'll just forego a feat this time around. Darn shame with dozens or even hundreds of feats to choose from (depending on which books are allowed by your DM) and nothing excites you. It's probably an issue with having a high level character that already has boatloads of abilities. What's one more minor abillity? Ho hum. ;)

Thanee

First Post
Hey! :D

I'm just hoping to find something that is cool and useful and adds something new. Of course, many of the regularily taken feats I have already thought about, but is it wrong to hope that someone comes up with a really cool idea? :)

From what I have considered so far, the choice is still between Precise Shot, Extra Slot or Extend Spell, I think.

Bye
Thanee

Asmo

First Post
Thanee wrote:

"Considering, that she has 0 ranks in Concentration, that wouldn't be overly useful, or would it? "

Ooops!Completely missed that, stupid,silly me :eek:

Asmo

HeavyG

First Post
There ought to be nice things to do with Chain Spell.

I know you can chain greater magic weapon to buff all the party (as well as magicking many many arrows :)). There must be other nice cleric spells to chain, too.

Thanee

First Post
The problem with Chain Spell is, that I am absolutely not sure, what it can or should be able to do.

Chaining buffs is nice, but can it really be done?

The feat implies to me, that it's only meant for offensive stuff, because with buffs it has no disadvantage at all. Chained spells are often better than their equivalent Mass ... variants.

Also, could you chain spells like Dispel Magic, or ray spells?

Chained Cure Critical Wounds would be a nice spontaneous 6th level spell.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Fingers Boggis

First Post
if it were me id make it a full round action to cast though, like when a sorceror applies a metamagic feat to his spontaneous casting, with that adjustment its possibly not so powerful

Fingers

Eraslin

First Post
How about Reach Spell? Being able to spontaneously cast a 30' range Cure spell might just be too useful to pass up. Especially if you're the only one to have never died -- those 30' cure spells may be able to save a front-line fighter or two from certian death while keeping you nice and safe in the back ranks.

-Eraslin

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads