• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you do with the character sheets after a session?

What do you do with the character sheets between sessions?

• The players hold on to them

Votes: 126 49.0%
  • The GM holds on to them

Votes: 78 30.4%
  • Either way, but the players decide individually

Votes: 79 30.7%
  • Either way, but the players decide as a group

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Either way, but the GM decides based on the group

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 5.4%

• Poll closed .

Thanee

First Post
Ritually burn them... ok, maybe not.

The players just keep them. Some are left at the place where we usually play. In rare cases, the DM keeps them together.

Bye
Thanee

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Each person takes his own character sheet. Some people have a knack for losing things, so they give their sheets to the GM.

Animus

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Each person takes his own character sheet. Some people have a knack for losing things, so they give their sheets to the GM.

That's what I do as well. It's better to admit that you're prone to losing stuff and hand it over rather than show up one session without your character ;) .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I prefer for players to be responsible for their own stuff.

As DM I am responsible for a lot more than one to three sheets of paper and one rulebook (the PHB) - so I don't think it is too much to ask of the others.

Festivus

First Post
I keep copies of the charsheets and spellsheets. I have a copier in my gaming room so if the players want a copy they can run one off, or better yet, I post up their sheets intersession in pdf form so that they are available for viewing from just about anywhere.

I even take it a step further, I have created binders for each of the players, within which are:

[ ] Character sheet (double sided page from Heroforge)
[ ] Spell sheet (single piece of paper from Spellforge)
[ ] Equipment certificates (slips of paper for magic items and expendables)
[ ] Copy of the table and house rules
[ ] Copy of anything they have ever sent to me (e.g. backstory, journals, etc)
[ ] Spell cards representing their spellbook / available spells (TheOtherGameCompany.com)
[ ] Initiative Card (GameMechanics.com)
[ ] Tokens representing any animals they control (e.g. a horse)

werk

First Post
IMC, I keep them. It prevents unauthorized editing, lost sheets, and is easy for me play the missing player's character as an NPC in case they don't show next time.

In campaigns I play in, I make the DM take them, for the same reasons.

wayne62682

First Post
IME, the players always keep their own sheets. The only time the DM has it is if (A) The player accidently forgets it, or (B) The player in question knows they will be unable to attend the next session and doesn't want to "fade into the background".

Regards,

Wayne

Remove ads