• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 What all does Animal Growth change? Will 3.5 allow for Really Big druids?

kallisti_dk

First Post
Animal growth lasts 1 min./level.

Enlarge Person:
S/W 1, Strength 1
Casting time: 1 round !
Dur: 1 min./level
Target: 1 humanoid

Similar to Animal growth but fewer and smaller bonuses.
+2 size bonus to strength. -2 size penalty to dex. Takes up four squares, increased reach, size penalty on attack and AC. Base weapon damage increases (eg. medium greatsword 2d6 -> large greatsword 3d6). Note: Weapons with reach doubles the reach of the creature wielding it, but cannot attack within their normal reach. So a large longspear reaches 20', but not 10' or closer. Last but not least : "Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack." quoted from the book.

DM_Matt

First Post
Spider said:
OK. Thanks for the clarification.

Are there any limits on what kinds of animals druids can wildshape into?

I thought I was onto something here...but now that I see that polymorph changes your type and subtype, I'm sure someone else can come up with even BETTER cheese than I have.

Spider

From Masters of the Wild:

Natures's Favor: L3, +1/two levels to attack and dmg to target animal. (luck bonus)

Nature's Avatar: L9, animal gets +10 to attack and dmg rolls (morale bonus), +1d8 temp hp per caster level, AND the effects of haste.

Hmmmm....I sense a 3.5e smackdown involving this stuff and wildshaping into some sort of big nasty dinosaur (dinosaurs are now wildshapable, as they are now animals instead of beasts)...

Another abusive thing is that with plant wildshape, you get to be two rediculous creatures from the Fiend Folio: the Ironmaw (30str, 4 tendrils that all attack ADN bite, with wounding 3hp/round cumulative, attach, poison dc22 (con -1d6), 60 foot reach (even though its an h creature) and engulf) and the octopus tree (30 str, 24 nat armor, 8 tendril attacks). If you add the druidic fly spell from magic of faerun, their pathetic movement rates go away AND they can attack using reach from the air....

Last edited:

Remove ads