• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What’s the weirdest mount you’ve ever employed in-game?

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
In ToA I rode a tyrannosaurus rex in a dinosaur race!

And I've seen several players ride on dragons... very, very briefly.

Stormonu

Legend
Giant Attack Chicken for our BECMI fighter

In another campaign, we rolled on a table from Dragon magazine for the paladin’s mount. He ended up with a Bronze dragon, which he still has.

Later in the campaign, there was an adventure where the enemy summoned a moth kiaju, intending it to destroy a nearby community. The ranger in the group however, was able to “tame” it, and the party rode it back to the enemy camp where they proceeded to perform strafing runs (in tandem with the bronze dragon from above) before rappelling down to finish the bad guys off.

MarkB

Legend
I had a half-orc paladin whose mount was a dire weasel named Fluffles. Physiologically improbable as a mount, but very effective in combat.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Varactyl_DK.png

The lizard mounts from Star Wars is my oddest. It was in a very vertical city, and their climbing ability was well worth the gold. Man... I seem pretty lame compared to you people. Though, we really don't do mounts often.

For

Remove ads