• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wedding fun!

Gilladian

Adventurer
IMC a PC rogue/ranger is marrying the head of the local thieve’s guild. This is not a secret, though most in the community “think” he is a merchant and labor organizer. Recently, his assistant has had time and room to begin taking over from him, due to his absence; he was kidnapped by evil cultists.

Now he is returning home with his adventurer bride-to-be, and his lieutenant is reluctantly giving up her brief tenure as Boss. What sorts of fun can I get up at the wedding, or just before/after? The Pcs are 8th level, if that matters.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m thinking thieves might have a creative interpretation of “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a silver sixpence in her shoe....”

MarkB

Legend
Just as they're completing their vows, have a large green ogre burst in and shout "I OBJECT!... oops, wrong church," then hurry back out.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just as they're completing their vows, have a large green ogre burst in and shout "I OBJECT!... oops, wrong church," then hurry back out.

Or...

[video=youtube;NEOHFbhWiG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOHFbhWiG0&sns=em[/video]

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Perhaps they also have guild traditions related to the wedding, like stealing the garter before the groom can get to it. Or once the groom has the garter, he is pursued by mock “City Watchmen” to retrieve the stolen item of clothing.

Perhaps “mock poisoning” of key guests- a (flavorless, odorless) secret powder that can be added to food, and makes the ingester’s face turn bright green.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Then something goes wrong...but not THIS wrong.
[video=youtube;bxDRVE-UfHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDRVE-UfHk&sns=em[/video]

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Some of the action in The Godfather might be appropriate, but have it burst out of his office and out in public.

- The "Dueling Mandolins" scenes can give the party bard something to do.
- The 'Frank Sinatra' character could be a whole plot line by himself: help build up his new music company, an important part of our corporate umbrella.
- An aspiring underling will provide the Groom a present: his would-be Boss demonstrates the latest fashion in concrete galoshes.
- Word comes to a friend of the PCs that a rival gang wants to shoot up the reception, and has just gotten hold of a Wand of Magic Missile and a fast horse this morning.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads