• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Weapons in 4E D&D

Dunamin

First Post
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/02/25/exclusive-gallery-du.html

I just saw the new D&D Insider Screenshots and the weapon-list struck me in particular.

Punching Dagger has been renamed Katar.
Bastard Sword and Katana are listed seperately, so presumably work by different mechanics now.
All of the above plus rapiers, whips, spiked chains, and short swords are considered "Superior Weapons". Leaves me wondering what will be on the "Military Weapons" list.

eleran

First Post
Dunamin said:
Bastard Sword and Katana are listed seperately, so presumably work by different mechanics now.

I wouldnt be too hasty to jump to that conclusion. Remember that the virtual tabeltop and the character generator are merely graphical representations on a computer screen. They do NOT enforce any rules whatsoever. So having Katana and Bastard Sword listed seperately merely means they have 2 different graphical representations.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Dunamin said:
Punching Dagger has been renamed Katar.
Not 'renamed', so much as finally being refered to by it's proper name.

I hope eleran is right about this.

All of the above plus rapiers, whips, spiked chains, and short swords are considered "Superior Weapons". Leaves me wondering what will be on the "Military Weapons" list.
There is speculation that 'Superior' is the new 'Masterwork'.

Sadrik

First Post
Is this supposed to be a man or a woman?
screenshot%20CharWiz6.JPG

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads