W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Tough break. Very, very tough break.

Haltash tries to scramble up the ladder, and slips less than five feet off the ground. Landing flat on his back, he looks toward this amorphous beast, now less than fifty feet away.

It looks up at the Majestic, and a blast of sulphourous steam erupts from its mouth. The jet strikes the port side of the craft, leaving a bubbling scar of warped wood.

Suddenly, the Majestic starts pulling away, heading straight towards the updraft of wind tearing out of the black chasm. And, with the majestic's movement, the rope moves too...

Haltash grabs onto the rope, and is lifted from the ground... holding by only one hand, though, he has to use every ounce of strength. If he should fall... the ground is already receding away beneath him.

OOC: Any action of Lori's actually takes place just before Haltash falls, so for all we know, she may actually be on the ladder as all this is happening.

On the deck, T'Ranis and Tondrek watch as the amorphous beast lets out a geyser of steam that just barely misses everyone on deck. Graff lets out a feral scream, nearly hissing at the aberrant draconic shape down below.

"We can't wait any longer! That thing is going to kill us! We need to get out of here, fast!"

Rukus, the first mate, scrambles up to T'Ranis. "Sorry, chief! I hope they can catch on, but the cap's right!"

He is screaming over the gale force winds that buffet your clothing. "WE stay here much longer, that thing will fry us! Your metal friend and the changeling are still in the city somewhere - they sent the cap a message, magically I guess. We're to pick them up outside of town!"

Graff needs a boost of speed, and he shows he has guts when he turns the Majestic directly into the source of the winds. T'Ranis and Tondrek both know that, whoever is still on the ladder when the ship hits those winds had best hold on tight...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek gnashes his teeth, but having little other options, attempts to bolster the strength of one of the rope haulers to get the rope pulled up as quick as possible.

OOC: bull's strength is about all he can do. An animate rope would be *so* useful right now...

Velmont

First Post
Haltash hold at the rope as he sees the ground going away from him. He looks above and for a rare moment, he get really nervous. "If someone can pull the rope, it would be welcome. I am a terrific climber." He hold still and await for someone to pull teh rope. If no one is able to do so, he will climb the rope, being very cautious to not fall, but somhow, it seems teh adrenaline gives him strength.

OOC: Climb check: 18

Solange

First Post
OOC: Ok, I'm confused, I thought I was already on the ship? No matter, Lori would run for a ladder or rope or something to get up.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Nah, Lori was still on the ground.

Lori grabs the ladder, and starts scrambling up just ahead of Haltash.

The ladder is quickly hoisted up by a combined crew of sailors, enhanced by Tondrek's spell. However, it's not nearly fast enough - the ladder still has halfway to go when both Haltash and Solange are buffetted by winds.

Both hear nothing but the roaring of the wind in their ears, and hold on for dear life...

Climb Check for Lori (1d20-1=18)

Both, however, are able to hold on as the rope ladder is pulled into the sky. Within moments, they are both safely on the desk, wheezing for air - completely spent.

"Was it worth it?" Graff asks, angrily. "And now, we have to pick up the others. I swear, Warforged are nigh useless..."

Rukus slaps Haltash on the back. "Good work, chief! So... where are we headed?"

OOC: XP Coming up in a bit.

Velmont

First Post
Haltash finish to climb. As he put his boots on the deck, he turns around and help Lori finish climbing. "I think it worth it. First, we need to fetch the one who was left on the ground. After that, we will follow the Eidolon."

Solange

First Post
"We have a destination, and learned who they're working with," Lori says, brushing herself off. "Now, if you don't mind, I think I'll go make myself a tea."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek seems a bit overwhelmed by recent events, but as the ship moves away from the *thing*, he calms down a bit. "More chasey? Hobs betray hums and steal shipy for bad super hob!" His mottled half-orc face breaks out into a cheerful smile as his in-depth summary.

Wik

First Post
OOC: I haven't forgotten this game. Just having some troubles setting up XP. Expect a post within a day or two. Sorry about the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads