• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend
20230722_192236.jpg
Asahi on tap with Emersobs pilsner in the muddle. Lager night/day. Had 5 which is most I've had since January. Birthday night out.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nimbus here cracking down on high % cheap beer. Mostly this means eastern European larger cans. Prices gone up Volfas Rngelman from Lithuania is my Russian/Ukrainian replacement. No more 5.9 standard drinks for $4 usd.

20230730_174833.jpg

Grabbed 3 the other night was in a hurry. The white ones a wheat beer. Generally I don't like wheat beers but it's been a while and my tastes are changing.

86 on BA
Nope I was right 4.5/10. Watched GotG3 cracked beer at start of movie didnt finish until the end.Not the beers fault it's really not my thing. Currently sucking back previously reviewed Volfas Engleman Rinktinis.

No beer last week. Went out for meal and had a nectarine fruit juice.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Think I'm over winter. 41F today. 6 degrees Celsius snow forecast to 200 meters (we're 130 odd meters up)
20230809_112017.jpg

Got caught in rain.

So found my favorite shelf at the supermarket.
20230809_122111.jpg

My Volfas Engelmann shelf and European beers. Bought 3 of those Bohemijos cans red and gold cans second shelf from the bottom.

Developing a taste for it.

Not as sweat as that Dutch one.

Think I rated it an 8 gonna upgrade it to an 8.5. Want to try some of those London Porters.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Vietnamese Style Coffee Stout in DuClaw's PastryArchy series. This doesn't really fit the dessert stout theme of the series, but it does have a bit (not too much) sweetness to balance to the coffee bitterness. It's pretty good, but I don't think I was expecting to see the Beer Advocate rating be 91=Outstanding (4.16/5).

a2.jpga1.jpg

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hit our second "top 50" cocktail bar in teh world last week in Oslo. I think I have a different view of a great cocktail bar than the judges.....

We also drank where last year's best bartender works, those cocktails were much better than Himkok, frankly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads