• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]We probably should have given them to Erf. Instead we pounded them a few times and left them in the pack. I'd forgotten about them, so there was no pounding before last night's rest. Oh well.[/sblock]Gildrim hands the pack back to Ter-raen without a word. Not that it would make any difference if he did say something.

serow

First Post
Ter-raen takes the bag back without a word. Looking at the hole in the bottom for a moment, he shakes his head. No magic to try, he thinks. "We go? One more try, for good luck. We get the urn, then can finally leave house of bad omen."

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Where to? There are 5 doors unopened; 4 of the normal wooden variety, and one stone double door with a 10' pit in front of it.

[sblock=map]
floor0_03.png
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Would ye believe that a dwairrf is nae sae guid at jumpin' doon? Ah think we'd dae better tae bring ane ay th' tables fram up th' stair tae hop doon ontae," Gildrim suggests.

OOC: it never struck me until now, but the -6 penalty on a Jump check to fall down without coming to harm is a mite unfair for 20' move creatures!

serow

First Post
Ter-raen cocks his head for a moment, before he finally makes the connection. And what a connection it made, for it never ever occured to him before! After all, he was always used to overland atheletics as something for granted, and now he understands that not everyone can do the same things he can. It not easy to be as powerful as Ter-raen, he silently agrees with himself.

"Come, we go get table. No need for more trouble with house," he says, keeping his scimitar to free up another hand.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Strang haird dense banes," Gildrim explains along the way back upstairs to fetch the round table. "We fall like boolders."

OOC: that's the one in Q6 in the... was it a card room? rather than the one in K9/L9 in the grigs' room.

covaithe

Explorer
The round, felt-covered table in the room where you first battled tiny centipedes -- was it really only a few days ago? -- seems sturdy enough, and has the additional benefit that it rolls, obviating the need to carry it all the way down. It does take some careful maneuvering to get it through some of the doorways and down the stairs, but at last you get it into the basement.

ooc: I'm a bit by this talk about jumping down. Why would you want to jump down into the pit? There's nothing down there (unless Gildrim and Ter-raen dropped it there yesterday). The doors are at the top of the pit, not the bottom. How do you place the table, and what do you do then?

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Oh. Uh, I was assuming that from the squares beyond the pit we can't reach the stone doors to open them, and could only reach them from the bottom of the pit with a leg-up or something to stand on. Or if we could open the doors, we would still need to succeed on a DC 10 Jump check to get across the pit, which is no mean feat for Gildrim with his -5 Jump modifier and not guaranteed for Karm with his -3. Ter-raen, of course, can leap like a kangaroo. I'm probably confused.

The intention is to lower the table into the pit so that we can hop down onto it, to open the doors then, and to climb back up through them.

serow

First Post
OOC: Ah ok. I thought you were privy to some information through a PM or something. In that case we can just go through the most direct route... but keep the table, I find it amusing to have around lying somewhere nearby :D

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: No, you're right, you wouldn't easily be able to open the doors from across the pit. Putting the table down into the pit and standing on it is a perfectly reasonable way to go about opening the door, I just wasn't expecting it and didn't understand it at first. So. Table in the pit, someone (Ter-raen?) standing on it and manipulating the door. Any other precautions or placements before opening the door?

Remove ads