• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E UPDATE on 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
Sorry for not posting this sooner; sorry for all the unanswered questions raised in my previous post about 4e.

Okay, here's what I know so far:
1. 4e will be CCG-based, but still use dice for some resolution mechanics.
2. 4e will NOT be "compatible" with Magic: the Gathering. My FLGS owner got a little too enthusiastic and misunderstood his WotC source. :\
3. 4e is NOT coming out anytime soon. :( Earliest WotC source would give is 2007. Even that is probably a stretch.

Jim Hague

First Post
Cowpie Zombie said:
Sorry for not posting this sooner; sorry for all the unanswered questions raised in my previous post about 4e.

2. 4e will NOT be "compatible" with Magic: the Gathering. My FLGS owner got a little too enthusiastic and misunderstood his WotC source. :\
3. 4e is NOT coming out anytime soon. :( Earliest WotC source would give is 2007. Even that is probably a stretch.

Again I say - cite this inside source at WotC. Where's the proof? Let's hear a name, and please don't say 'NDA'.

There's been zero buzz on this in the industry, including from people who I know are on the inside of things. Nothing. Nada, zip, zilch. This still sounds like utter folderol.

Last edited:

pntbllr

First Post
Cowpie Zombie said:

CCG-based???? why????

Henry

Autoexreginated
Cowpie Zombie said:
My FLGS owner got a little too enthusiastic and misunderstood his WotC source. :\

Methinks he misunderstood him even more than that. :D

Good speculation, but I don't see it happening.

KenM

Banned
Banned
If its CCG based and you need the cards to pick your feats, ect., then its not an RPG, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads