• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Two more Classic Settings to go

Rikka66

Adventurer

So you did miss it. But never too late to be excited.

I guess they will be Dragonlance and Planescape with elements from Spelljammer. Nobody has been they have to be settings, but they could be modules/adventures as a way to introduce the future lines.

NiClerigo

Adventurer
DriveThruRPG just announced that it is hosting a sale on D&D settings. There are three setting products discounted, which are: Planescape, Dark Sun, and Dragonlance. Of course, this may be a mere coincidence (or not... last year the Icewind Dale game was discounted shortly before Rime of the Frostmaiden was a announced), but fuels the speculation. Sadly, I think my Birthright is unlikely to -ever, or for the foreseeable future- make it. Link: DriveThruRPG.com - Seeking a new D&D setting for the next campaign? We have options across all editions!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
DriveThruRPG just announced that it is hosting a sale on D&D settings. There are three setting products discounted, which are: Planescape, Dark Sun, and Dragonlance. Of course, this may be a mere coincidence (or not... last year the Icewind Dale game was discounted shortly before Rime of the Frostmaiden was a announced), but fuels the speculation. Sadly, I think my Birthright is unlikely to -ever, or for the foreseeable future- make it. Link: DriveThruRPG.com - Seeking a new D&D setting for the next campaign? We have options across all editions!
I'd be over the moon if it were Dark Sun, but of those three, it's far...far more likely to be Dragonlance (see the dragon based UAs) and Planescape.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'd be over the moon if it were Dark Sun, but of those three, it's far...far more likely to be Dragonlance (see the dragon based UAs) and Planescape.
The Dragon UA have a single reference to Fizban...but Fizban is an avatar of the cosmic overgod of all Metallic Dragons in the Multiverse, not just Dragonlance. It also references a Greyhawk deity and two Forgotten Rralms Dragons, and has Gem Dragon and Koblod material (neither of which exist in Krynn), so the UA is not Drsgonlance specific.

The Dragon UA have a single reference to Fizban...but Fizban is an avatar of the cosmic overgod of all Metallic Dragons in the Multiverse, not just Dragonlance. It also references a Greyhawk deity and two Forgotten Rralms Dragons, and has Gem Dragon and Koblod material (neither of which exist in Krynn), so the UA is not Drsgonlance specific.
Since when is Fizban "the avatar of the cosmic overgod of all Metallic Dragons in the Multiverse"?

Mercurius

Legend
There've been a lot of threads about this, like this one.

I think the key is that they're working on two right now, but that doesn't mean there won't be more to come. I'd be very surprised if we don't eventually see Dark Sun and Planescape (in some form or fashion), while a lot of folks think Dragonlance is also in the works. After those three, it seems the consensus is very split on whether we'll see a full treatment of the Realms - some think at any moment, others think never, that they'll keep it to the adventures. I could see them go either way, but am about 60-40, so leaning towards a full setting book. The only other classic setting that I think has a chance is Greyhawk, but that will be in 2024, if at all. The rest...very little chance (sorry, Mystara fans). At most we might see a general "Worlds of D&D" book for the anniversary.

Remove ads