• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR TSR CON is running at the same time as Gary Con in Lake Geneva

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Much like JKR, all they had to do was keep their goonish opinions to themselves and...well, not rake in the money like she does, but presumably do okay with their museum endeavor. Heck, they probably could've continued to get away with selling their TSR-branded t-shirts and dollar store dice.

For a second I though you were talking about the Cranberries here and was wondering what I missed! (You weren't, right?)

Dausuul

Legend
Much like JKR, all they had to do was keep their goonish opinions to themselves and...well, not rake in the money like she does, but presumably do okay with their museum endeavor. Heck, they probably could've continued to get away with selling their TSR-branded t-shirts and dollar store dice.
JKR was sensible enough to rake in the money before expressing her opinions.

Also, she actually produced some books.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Right now I'm planning on attending GaryCon. But who knows what the state of the pandemic will be by March? Three months ago the county I live in had only a tenth of the daily cases we do now. Having to fly to get to the con, with all the flight cancellations and delays going on (which, admittedly, are due to a number of factors that could also change by then), that represents yet another risk.

It's ironic, before LaNasa and crew opened their mouths, I would've gladly stopped by the Dungeon Hobby Shop while I was in town. Now, wouldn't go near it with a ten-foot pole, even if they weren't having their own Covid super-spreader event.

And all of this talk of cranberries makes me happy that I've got a cranberry crostata upstairs to eat.
I kinda do want to poke the Hobby Shop with a 10' pole. Not go in, just poke the building.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I kinda do want to poke the Hobby Shop with a 10' pole. Not go in, just poke the building.
I've seen the pictures of the museum. As a personal collection of stuff, it's great. As a museum, it's pretty woeful. I know people with more impressive collections of old D&D stuff. They don't really have all that much original art (that's owned by others and in other museums. So....what do they have to offer? The window and drapes that there is a photo of Gary sitting under? A display case selling faux-military patches with "paladin" written on them? As a vet, I actually find that distasteful. The real patches you have to earn, and it just feels like another wannabe copying something to make a buck off the sacrifices of others.

Remove ads