• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tomb of Annihilation IC thread

Braiden looked over the maps and charts with his 'brother'. He took specific interest in one of Port Nyanzaru and it's surroundings. He keeps an eye on his 'brother' wincing when he spills his drink and then begins a conversation with the Chultan man Obah. Braiden's attention is pulled back to their host as the tiefling, Rhino, sits down to question them. Braiden slides into a seat near Rhino and listens.

"I second my brothers sentiment." Braiden smiles at Enanthil. "Archmage Silvane, should we wait for Prince O'Tamu or would you like to elaborate on what it is we have been commissioned to do?"

"O'Tamu will come in his own time I'm afraid," Syndra sounds almost resigned. "He always does. Until then please introduce yourselves, and enjoy the food." She sits up as best she can looking attentive to making everyone's acquaintance. But your group can tell the blanket is a great weight on her tiny frame.

Last edited:

After a short pause Syndra moves as if startled, "You said your brother?" the question in her voice obvious. "But you two are so different," And Braiden knows she doesn't just speak about the difference in their manner or armor. "But I thank you for both your concern, and for coming to Chult to join the expedition I am sending into the jungle. Master..." She leaves the last bit hanging there wanting to know how to address the ranger.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Braiden is my kin brother, and my chosen brother” Enanthiln says with great affection as he grabs Braiden’s shoulder. “I had the honor and privilege of seeing him grow, ever so fast, from a small baby as he came to my order, into the fine man he is now.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult/Port Nyanzaru/O’Tamu’s villa
Morning
Round 0

Tall and slender, the human woman was fair skinned, marked a bit by freckling and sunburn. Her long red hair was up and out of the way beneath a broad brimmed hat. She was dressed in nondescript brightly colored clothing meant to blend into the streets of Chult, one of her first purchases on arriving in Port Nyanzaru. Her blue eyes surveyed Sylara and the others.

To be honest, Lizzy was a bit miserable. For a northern girl, Port Nyanzaru was entirely too hot, humid, and rainy. She hadn’t said much since arriving at the villa, instead taking in the rich furnishings and luxuries. Her fingers itched to drop a bauble or two into her pocket and find a fence in the market. No one should have this much wealth!

So Lizzy diverted herself with the food and wine, placing some tropical fruits into a bowl and sipping from a silver goblet. It didn’t help her itchy fingers.

“So we know how you benefit from this,” Lizzy said to Sylara. “What is this O’Tamu’s angle? What is he trying to get out of this?”

HP: 9/9
AC: 14
Init: +3
PP: 14

Bolts: 40
Arrows: 40
Healer's kit: 10 uses
Coin: 1 sp
Sneak Attack: 1d6
Dungeon Delver
  • Adv Perception/Investigation for secret doors.
  • Adv saves vs traps
  • Resist damage from traps
  • Traveling at fast pace doesn’t impose -5 on PP

Syndra seems to stiffen, as if ready to defend her host, when a deep voice full of mirth says from behind the group, "I will get what I always do, Mistress Hale." Everyone turns to see a middle aged Chultan dressed in elaborate robes, followed by a hook nosed dark haired man carrying a large book.

"Information."

Prince O'tamu walks over to stand beside the chair Syndra is in, a large smile on his face. "Sorry I'm late to the party, but it was hard to drag Amitiel away from the library." At this he waves an arm to the dark man in the doorway, "Come in, come in." he says to entice the scholar to join everyone. "Its not like he hasn't been locked in there for the past two days."

Casting about the room he takes in everyone, the smile never leaving his face. "So we are all here now, please allow me to introduce everyone." (Sense Motive DC0) O'tamu seems to be enjoying himself, as if the theatrics of this is well rehearsed. "I am Prince Wakanga O'tamu, dealer in knowledge, lost lore, and of course information."

Resting a hand lightly on Syndra's shoulder he continues, "And this is Syndra Silvane of The Emerald Company. Her exploits are known far and wide..." "Wakanga..."

Clearing his throat a bit embarrassed the merchant prince indicates the man who came to the parlor with him. "My friend there is Amitiel lately of Waterdeep. Which is why he didn't come by the same route as the rest of you, but will be joining in this expedition all the same. And now Syndra to introduce you to your rescuers."

"The only female in the group is Lizzy Hale. Expertise in traps and delving underground. The polar opposites are Braiden Masterson and Enanthil of Vesve. Scouting and survival, although with all that armor on I don't think the elf will last very long. And the great one horned tiefling is known as Kargadan the Rhino. I'm sure his skill set is obvious, although I've been told he has greater potential than the eye reveals."

Pointing and counting to himself, Wakanga looks surprised when he sees Obah, "Oh and our newest member and guide for this venture. My countryman Obah Jideofor. He will see that these Coast-Landers come back out of the jungle alive."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lunch
Round 0

Lizzy nodded to the others after the introductions. Most she knew from the trip here from Baldur’s Gate. “A guide is good,” she noted, looking at Obah. She didn’t have experience with jungles, mostly a girl from the city, though she’d done her share of dungeons. She sipped her chilled wine and tried to determine if she could find a cool breeze in the room.

Dungeon Delver
  • Adv saves vs traps

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rhino bows as he is introduced. "A dealer in information, and I can see such business is kind to you." He remarks before finishing his sampler plater. "These fruits of your labors are quite tasty."

Placing the plate down, he turns to the blanketed figure, and speaks with a warm concern in his voice. "Such an ominous name, 'Death Curse'. Syndra, I pray there is some reprieve from it you can partake in while we get to the bottom of it."

Turning back to face O’Tamu, he inquires. "I must assume, Prince, that you have already investigated this dread malady? Can you tell us what you came up with?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"This is where I come in." the stranger in the background comes forward "I am Amil, the researcher and resident expert on the malady. Death Curse is the name given to the phenomenon and you can hear it and by now even read it in few research papers. Anyhow, we know the cause is a necromantic artifact hidden somewhere on this continent. The effects are reduced healing of all living things and increased chance of the dead coming back as undead. And the effects are getting stronger. The healing may stop completely and the dead may all come back. It also seems to affect those who were beyond the veil more strongly. Since such people tend to be powerful, the search is organized quickly.

We can talk more on the way if you're interested in details, I'll let our host and Lady Sindra add important stuff."

He is dressed in robes slitted in several places to allow the air to circulate. Other than that there are no special features. Black hair, slicked back from the forehead and shoulder long, and hooked nose, give him predatory appearance, but light frame and slight stooping posture indicate non-physical interests.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2EwmFdlm.jpg

Lunch
Round 0

“A continent is a pretty big place to search,” Lizzy commented, sipping on chilled fruit juice. “No way of narrowing that down? How did you figure out it’s here, anyway?” she wondered.

Dungeon Delver
  • Adv saves vs traps

Remove ads