• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - SotD - Beneath Grenton

This was a side adventure to Slaves of the Dragon. In SotD, the party discovered that the small village of Grenton had been overrun and infested by kobolds, who had constructed a parallel city underneath the village. Most of the buildings in the village had trap doors leading into the tunnel system. The kobolds used this network to terrorize, spy on, and enslave the natives.

The party confronted the kobolds in the village, and found that most of the kobold colony had fled, abandoning the complex. After defeating those who remained behind, a subset of the party descended into the tunnels to explore the complex. This is what they found.
  • In Jeline’s house in Grenton is a trap door that leads down to a dirty hexagonal room with a tunnel that leads north and down.
  • The tunnels under Grenton are exactly six feet high and wide.
  • Other tunnels branch off from the tunnel north of the hexagonal room under Jeline’s house in Grenton, and it finally leads to a larger room that is separated from the tunnel by a curtain.
  • Behind the curtain separating it from the tunnel leading from the hexagonal room under Jeline’s house in Greton is another hexagonal room, with a fireplace in the exact center, several straw beds along the walls, and 4 exits, 3 covered with additional curtains.
  • The second hexagonal room under Grenton contains 30 beds and 5 exits. The one to the east has no curtain. Curtained exits are to the north (2) and to the northeast.
  • Grenton is southwest of Orussus.
  • The two tunnels to the north leading from the second hexagonal room under Grenton each lead to a small hexagonal room with a single bed, a table, a toilet hole, and a supply of fresh water.
  • The uncurtained tunnel to the east of the second hexagonal room under Grenton leads to a large communal toilet.
  • Grenton lies almost on a line between Orussus and Alimon.
  • Bells line the tunnel that leads northwest from the second room under the town of Grenton.
  • The tunnel that leads northwest from the second room under Grenton leads to a shrine.
Finally, here's a description of the shrine that is part of the kobold tunnel network:

It is, again, a hexagonal room. Each wall is decorated with intricate carvings. The wall directly across the entrance shows mountains. To its left, a large sun, to its right, a volcano. The other three walls are mostly out of your line of sight, but you think you can make out an ocean and a star-filled night, respectively.
The floor shows carvings of similar theme in the area before the walls. Rocks before the mountain, flames before the volcano, rays before the sun, waves before the ocean, more stars before the night sky, and sand before the entrance you stand in. What you see of the ceiling evokes the thought of a scaly hide with hexagonal scales.
In the exact center stands a hexagonal table. It takes but a glance to see that is is a small model of the world, just without the fabled Elemental Towers. The table is surrounded by six candles on high pedestals.
Just before the table lies... a bundle of grey scales and skin, bedded on a mixture of sand, earth, rock and leaves, with a small bowl at its side. Inside the bowl is water, and a swimming candle.​

El Jefe

First Post
Proposal - Shop - Thread

Although it wasn't the first appearance of this fact in Living EnWorld, it was the first appearance in a completed thread.
  • Joe Smith charges 5% commission on items sold on consignment at the Red Dragon Inn.
This fact was mentioned in passing several times in what was otherwise just another proposal thread. After a rewrite, the proposal passed.

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - IA: Mearran and Laynie

This was a brief spin-off from Immortality Awakens. It consisted mainly of a conversation over some food at Edwyd's Victuals, just down the street from the Red Dragon Inn, between a PC and an NPC.

Not surprisingly, the only location information in the thread dealt with Edwyd's Victuals.
  • Edwyd’s Victuals in Orussus serves fresh apple, orange, and peach juice.
  • A glass of juice at Edwyd’s victuals costs 1 silver piece.

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - The Rightful Owner

This was Bront's attempt at running an evil adventure. Trouble was, the PCs in Orussus were just too darned nice.

We did get one interesting location, though. I'm sure it will be used again sometime.
  • The Painted Wench is an inn in Orussus. It has a bad reputation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
El Jefe said:
This was Bront's attempt at running an evil adventure. Trouble was, the PCs in Orussus were just too darned nice.

We did get one interesting location, though. I'm sure it will be used again sometime.
  • The Painted Wench is an inn in Orussus. It has a bad reputation.
Oh, I'd say the ones that showed up were mean enough--the adventure was just a generally bad risk to reward ratio--biting the hand that feeds and all that ;)

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - New Unarmed Feats

This was just a couple of feat proposals. One passed easlily, the other needed some mods. No location information in this thread, though.

Manzanita

First Post
Just a quick note to say I enjoyed the brief synopsis of you gave of Slaves of the Dragon. I find all the adventures interesting, though I don't take the time to follow very many of them. I'm always psyched to read a summary. I'm disapointed my Tales of Volidar the Bard never took off, but if you are so motivated, El Jefe, I think it would be great if you summarized the adventure itself as well as the geographic info contained. Both are helpful to other DMs who might want to incorporate some of the action into their adventures.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
I'm disapointed my Tales of Volidar the Bard never took off,

I had a partly-done summary of M3 for Volidar that I got distracted before completing; I do intend, in time, to have a post in that thread, now ready to include M4.

For those who joined LEW sometime after -- well, after whenever Volidar's Tales was last on the front page -- see here for what Manzanita was talking about. Anybody else want to post on their adventures there?

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
I'm disapointed my Tales of Volidar the Bard never took off, but if you are so motivated, El Jefe, I think it would be great if you summarized the adventure itself as well as the geographic info contained.
Well, if there were 10 of me instead of just one, I'd have already done that. I read about 100 posts a day for this thread, and can work though a 1200-post adventure in less than a couple of weeks. At that rate, I'm barely keeping up with what's being posted. If you notice, the threads I'm working on are on page 4 of the back posts (I'm using the default of 40 threads per page). I would love to just crawl onto page 3 and make some headway, but it just isn't happening. On the flip side, that means we have a very healthy community that posts a lot; better to have too much material to catalog than not enough.

I do plan on summarizing all the adventures my characters have been in and putting that in Volidar's tales. Hmmm...that means I still have to do Festival of Halina, Tournament of Flowers, Festival of Halina II, and Blood of the Werewolf...and that's just for my characters.

The threads I'm working on now end in October-November-December of 1995, so once I work though that, I'll be hitting post-crash stuff. I really can't say how that's going to work out...it might go really fast, or it might really bog down.

I guess we'll see.

Remove ads