• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrallherd

neceros

Adventurer
So, I've been playing this Psion in a Pathfinder game. I'm lovin' it pretty well, but I'm curious if I could do anything better.

Admittedly, I didn't make this character with OP in mind, so I doubt I hit anything on the head in that department. Still, I'm curious.

Here's a link to my character:
http://www.neceros.com/nworks/rpg-ch...-fierce-psion/

Able is CN, leaning towards evil. He's an Elan and will be taking Thrallherd next level (That's a set requirement for this character: I don't want to change it, and I want to go up most of the way, if not to level 10.) I don't have a thrall yet, but I've stated her out and she's on the page, too.

I have access to Core books plus one extra book, plus one more book every 5 levels. So far, I've obviously chosen XPH, and I chose CPsion for level 5.

My basic role is Caster Support/Damage. Here's the rest of the party:
  • Human Barbarian/Cleric
  • Elf Dread Necro
  • Human Artificer
  • Halfling Monk

I intend for my Thrall do be front line melee, as the barbarian is mostly cleric.

Any questions? What do you guys think?

neceros

Adventurer
Keep in mind that, RAW, the DM stats your thrall.

As a DM, I had a very bad experience with a player and his Thrallherd...

Indeed. It's a class that must be used with responsibility. The DM has already said I can stat my own NPCs. :) Within limits, of course.

Jhaelen

First Post
In my game Thrallherd is a npc-only prestige class. In Living Greyhawk it was restricted, as well. If it's find with your DM, have fun with it. I consider it a broken class.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I love the Thrallherd class.

One idea I had for a group of BBEGs was going to be:
- Nomad / Thrallherd
- Shaper (Astral Construct focus)
- Druid (Summon focus)
- Cleric (Necromancer)

They'd appear, throw down a bunch of minions, then teleport / plane shift away before they could be engaged personally.

Cheers, -- N

WarlockLord

First Post
Nifft, you win at villain making.

But to respond to the OP, looks like fun. I can't remember if you can throw leadership in there, or maybe undead leadership from Libris Mortis. (Did the XPH say anything about Undead Leadership? Did it?)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I can't remember if you can throw leadership in there, or maybe undead leadership from Libris Mortis. (Did the XPH say anything about Undead Leadership? Did it?)
Thrallherd :: d20srd.org
d20srd.org said:
A thrallherd cannot take the Leadership feat; if the character already has it, the feat is lost and replaced by this ability; those who were previously cohorts and followers go their separate ways, and those who are more mentally pliable show up later to take up roles as thralls and believers.
IMHO Undead Leadership passes the letter-of-the-law test, but fails the intent test.

Cheers, -- N

AllisterH

First Post
I'll be the squeaky wheel....

The Thrallherd always struck me as another "stick it to the DM" type class. Really, I don't have enough to worry about but now I got to handle your class features as well?

Bleh.

Remove ads