• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Time: 1 move action to remove potions from haversack, standard action to drink first one; standard action to drink second one, moe action to charge mindblade.

If we're still in combat time, those would be my round 5 and six actions, or later depending on how long it took to get to this spot.

"Well? What's it going to be? Do you have some backup for us to lead against Idrag, or do we get the heck out of here? I sure hope Draig made it out!"

wmasters

First Post
Spying the window, Draig knows there's not a lot of options. I sure hope those soldiers are on my side he thinks. Parrying with his Urgosh he makes for the window and an escape route.

OOC: Draig will withdraw.

Someone

Adventurer
"Idrag and Etan have started a full blown overthrow of the Council. The guards assigned to hold him must have actually been on his side. The Council except for Etan is likely all dead now. Unless you've found some friends, it may be a good time to leave the city."

Nordal's eyebrows arch in slight surprise, but overall, is almost as he expected it. "I didn't expect it. I knew the council believed in using the threat of cutting the money supply to the guard to keep them under control - at least the money to the group in control, Idrag's closest men. Also they kept Soluc as a backup, so to speak, in case of treachery on Idrag's part. But seems they lost the battle: the guard must have been promised more money, i'd say."

"Anyway, for me nothing has changed so much. Idrag is still in charge of the guard, and instead of a bunch of rapacious merchant we´ll have only one rapacious merchant. The only doubt is if he's going to proclaim himself count or prince, or rule through a mock council."

"Well? What's it going to be? Do you have some backup for us to lead against Idrag, or do we get the heck out of here?

"I don't know. The situation has changed so much - please, don't leave now. Give me a day: it's all I'll need to see what Etan and Idrag are doing, but then I'll need your help if i want to change something. Nobody else will lft a finger against them."

"I sure hope Draig made it out!"

Before this conversation is even happening, the dwarf throws a wild swing just to make him some room and runs for the window. He opens it, stares at the nearly 20 feet fall to the street level and wonders how many bones he can afford to break.

wmasters

First Post
The blood still gushing from his wounds tells Draig that the fall isn't going to be a good idea in his current state; he makes a run for the corridor, the stairs apparently being the only option for him.

Patlin

Explorer
"Nordal, if you even might want our help, you'd better help us get our companion back right away. Do you have any friends you can mobilize? Beamer, will you know it when your familliar finds Draig?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Yes, I should know (OOC: I think) when Draig makes it outside, though if he doesn't make it out... Yeah, Nordal, we need your help on this one. We can't leave Draig behind, but I'm certainly in no shape to go in after him and Banion's still got some nasty wounds as well. Etan and Idrag are still inside. If you have some other allies, now might be the best time for an assault. No doubt the guards loyal to the Council have taken a bit of a toll on Idrag's forces, and the ones loyal now that aren't killed will likely join Idrag's side as soon as they find out how out numbered they are."

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Draig moves as quickly as he can towards the stairs. Thankfully, the private men at arms cover his retreat, but not for so long. They soon realize not only that their paymasters are dead, also that they are outmatched. They rout and flee, overtaking Draig and leaving him exposed to a last crossbow shot that bounces on his armor. The impact makes him stumble and roll the last steps*. However the dwarf congratulates: in his effort to bring an overwhelming force to the council, Idrag left the rest of the building unguarded. The exit is free, and Draig runs through them into the square full of confused citizens.

*ooc: no actual damage, the shot failed.

* * *​

"No, no." says Nordal. "I tell you, there are none I can call 'friends' now, those died by Idrag's hands. But I can look for people that could help, however."

SlagMortar

First Post
"Draig made it out! Let's make sure he's not still in trouble. *to Nordal* You'd should try to find some help, unless you want to die a hero. Louie is leading Draig to us. He may be followed." Beamer tells Louie to lead Draig to Banion and Beamer's location (If he can. I'm not real sure how the empathic link works). Beamer holds his crossbow to the side and keeps his hand near his spell component pouch, running through several spells in his head.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads