• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) They butchered the warlock in the new packet

mamba

Legend
That's literally a mix.
yes, but at least it removes the resource recovery part as a reason for a short rest, and as I said, the longer the schedule for that, the better. I doubt I can do anything about the healing part, except for maybe reducing the short rest duration at that point. Now that resource recovery is no longer tied to it, that is an option imo

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
This. Almost all of these issues go away if short rests become a bit more gamist, limited to 2 before long resting, taking 5 minutes, and being an individual resource to consume rather than a group resource.
I think that's essentially what is being done. You get prof mod per day recharges to use as you will.

Remathilis

Legend
This. Almost all of these issues go away if short rests become a bit more gamist, limited to 2 before long resting, taking 5 minutes, and being an individual resource to consume rather than a group resource.
It's been a long time, but I believe they considered what you were proposing, and the community at the time felt 5 minutes to burn hd was "regenerating like Wolverine" and the cap was artificial on how often you could rest in a given day. In the end, they opted for a short rest long enough that you wouldn't take it after every encounter (as 4e did) but you could theoretically take any number you want.

Me too to be honest. 3e skills, 5e... uh... being the fifth one. Wait, backgrounds. Backgrounds can stay.
I think bounded accuracy is a good idea even if I would want it expanded sa slight bit, and I love conentrationa and adv/disad if they both were used slightly less.
also I really like HD over HS, I just think you need more of them and tie all healing to them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads