• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Vistani Return

Klaus

First Post
Thankfully, it's not going to be the usual approach. This article was much longer than originally planned, and it had some scheduling issues in development and editing, so we broke it up to make sure every part got the quality treatment. This one-article/multiple-pieces thing isn't going to be a trend setter, so don't worry.

Oh, and the crunch is coming. ;)
That's great to hear, Chris!

And since I got your attention (nudge, nudge/wink, wink), this thread mat be of your interest: http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/266026-work-progress-lady-crows-updated.html

:D

Klaus

First Post
I don't think this is the first time this idea was used. I believe that Vistani in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft contained halflings as well as humans (and a
hag
). I don't have the book here at work, so I can't verify this.

Granted, by the time they were developed in late 2ed they were a race unto their own and you could play as a Vistani/Human hybrid.
You're right, the Vistani in EtCR had humans, halflings and the spoiler.

Ceramicwombat

Explorer
Publisher
The original Vistani gave me the same vibe as the Manni in the Dark Tower series. The new version seems a bit more mundane. I'm still interested in seeing the crunch though. I wonder if PCs who take the Vistani Heritage feat are granted a Headscarf of Mysteriosity to cement their mysterious nature as depicted in the artwork for the article.

LightPhoenix

First Post
This was definitely a tease, but if this is put together in the style of the other "expanded" race write-ups, I'd much rather have them keep everything in order than try to shoehorn in crunch for the sake of crunch. Plus, a lot of times the fluff gives me ideas for characters, so it doesn't bother me.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Chris/Khur: thanks for chiming in. We obviously look forward to the rest.

Dragonbait: good to know.

The multi-race thing thing is an interesting choice. In any case, I can't criticize too much, as I also have multi-racial Travellers in my current home-brew. (something this reminding me of, I really need to get that game going again) Probably for similar reasons.

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
The original Vistani gave me the same vibe as the Manni in the Dark Tower series. The new version seems a bit more mundane. I'm still interested in seeing the crunch though. I wonder if PCs who take the Vistani Heritage feat are granted a Headscarf of Mysteriosity to cement their mysterious nature as depicted in the artwork for the article.
I've never read the series or about the Manni, but now I want to. :)

Dire Bare

Legend
Thankfully, it's not going to be the usual approach. This article was much longer than originally planned, and it had some scheduling issues in development and editing, so we broke it up to make sure every part got the quality treatment. This one-article/multiple-pieces thing isn't going to be a trend setter, so don't worry.

Oh, and the crunch is coming. ;)

I have no problem with this. However, it could have been made more obvious by clearly labeling the article as "Playing Vistani, Part 1 of 3" or something like that. Even those of us who saw the listings for the two following articles on the calender got a bit confused.

Phaezen

Adventurer
As an aside, the Vistani feats are nicely flavourful. Good job!

Although I now have an itching to play a halfling vistani rogue...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads