• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Second World [Contemplating]

Hammerhead

Explorer
Currently, I am contemplating running a PbP game using the cross-world rules and campaign setting found in Second World Simulation's Second World Sourcebook. Is anyone interested in such a game? I was thinking of beginning with the free adventure posted on the website.

If you don't have the SWS, I would recomend it to anyone interested in such a game; it is marvelous.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Cool, a second person. I'll just have to make my own introductory adventure instead. Now we just need a couple more people. If you don't have the book, just post if you're interested.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
I'm interested. I've got the book on order, and wouldn't mind seeing and intro while it's in the post. It'd be interesting to see other people's takes on things to. Until I get the book, I'm totally clueless about the setting- all I know is it involves a fantasy world mirroring our own and we jump back and forth for whatever reason.

National Acrobat

First Post
I am interested in the concept, it sounds very interesting. However I don't have the book, so I am totally clueless as to what the rules involve regarding the actual setting. Anyway, I would be interested.

Hammerhead

Explorer
OK, I'm going to post a short description later, but this short summary will have to do for now.

The First World is nearly parallel to today's modern world. Same countries, same politics, same cities, same people. However, occasionally, supernatural events occur in this world, and people experiencing these events, known as exiles, find themselves in another world, different from our own.

This world is the Second World, a world of magic and fantasy. However, these exiles bring with them strange ideas and technologies, and it has changed the world greatly. Further, through magical portals, exiles are able to return to the First World, using their magic and power there as well.

I hope that was a pretty good little summary of the two worlds; I really didn't go into anything that make the SWS so cool, like Influence, Organizations, Wardens, Tech Trees, New Races, Feats, and Background Options, etc. But it's cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads