• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sceptre of Kings-A Heroic Dwarven Quest

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Er...lest we have a continuing discussion on the edibility of Cavern Slugs...

IG: Mohgrym spends a few moments concentrating on the Fungus and gleans an indication that they somehow amplify a Psion's abilities, though whether by cutting the power needed to fuel Powers or by adding additional abilities is unsure. Collected, this could prove interesting, once some safe testing was done. *

Meahwhile, Terrick and turlough, growing weary of waiting, open the door...

Beyond lies a hallway sloping severly down, with lightly glowing fungus covering the walls. This seems a more benign variety, however, and merely serves to illuminatethe area. After a length of 80 feet or so, the opening to a chamber can be seen, though the extent of the chamber remains to be seen.
Turlough's old (though still good, evidently...) ears pick up the sussurus of whispered talk below, which quickly stops, leaving the air with an ominous thickness.

OoC:* They either cut the Cost needed to cast, or add meta-magic-like effects to your Psions. Mohgrym isn't sure yet, and there may be side effects. there is enough fungus to distill about 6 uses, should he want to try them.

silentspace

First Post
Turlough stops the others with a hand, and half-whispers/half-mutters "Voices up ahead. They 'eard us coming they did. Ye young'uns walk like a heard of elephants, ye know?"

Turlough will signal the others to wait while he creeps forward. (He'll ask for an invisibility, if someone has it.)

OOC: Hide 34, Move Silently 34 (with Skill Mastery). Hide will be higher if he gets an invisibility. Search is +16. (Moving 5' a round)

Edit: And good to see you back!

Last edited:

matthewbajda

First Post
terrick will hold position outside the door and make sure his equipment is ready in case of confrontation. he has his bow out and an arrow ready in case things look confrontational. (hide in shadows +6, small i know). he looks down the hall after the trapmaster making sure that things will be ready in case a signal comes back.

matthewbajda

First Post
terrick seems to be waiting a long time. he debates on wether or not he should come out of the shadows. he is not sure if the rest of the party is around him or not. things are dark and its quite possible that the dark elves have taken them...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Thank you all sincerely for your infinate patience while i set some things right in my life...and now, without further ado...

IG

The Trapmaster and Terrick move forward, even as Mohgrym collects fungal samples, stuffing a myriad of lichens and mushrooms into his many pockets.

Turlough raises a hand, signalling something dangerous,perhaps.

Then, with a speed belying his age, he rolls backwards, as the door disintegrates and movement can be seen beyond, figures advancing, slim and shadowy forms clad in dark colaks.

Above, something large moves, near the top of the 20 foot high passage, something large and round...

niatives

Elspeth 24
Turlough 22
Skezzketh 21
Mohgrym 20
Terrick 19
Denzenai 15

(You are unsure of when these enemies might act... Intentions?

Knight Otu

First Post
"Are thosse drow again?" Skezzketh whispers. He'll attack the nearest enemy on his turn.

(I'm still trying to figure out if that's the case, but we might be in the middle of the server upgrade, and posts might be lost. You or someone elsemight want to save the posts made...)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Woot! Game resurrected. But I don't like Beholders... :p

IC: Denzenai moves to attack the closest enemies with Skezzeth.

silentspace

First Post
The trapmaster reacts. Even as he is tumbling away from the disintegrating door, he throws 2 javelins at large moving mass above him.

2 javelins +14/+9. Damage 1d6+2+5d6 sneak attack
Can those with darkvision make out what the shape is?

Erekose13

Explorer
Mohgrym reacts quickly to the threat, launching his psionics against the large floating ball. Concentrating he launches an electricity energy ball up at the round thing.

[occ: Yay we are back! Glad I was perusing my older games as I dont surf the Playing the Game forums. We might want to post in the OOC thread in case the others would turn there first.

Energy Ball: 7d6 electricity dmg, Ref DC 23, PR +13.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads