• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Santa thread, Part 2 : Childhood revelations

When did you discover there was no literal/corporeal Santa?

• Never believed to begin with.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Don't remember believing, but parents have a story about finding out.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Under 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4-6

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 6-8

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 8-10

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 10-12

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 13-18

Votes: 1 2.9%

Kahuna Burger

First Post
When did you know that there was no literal/corporeal Santa? (If you ever believed.) Do you remember finding out? Did you let your parents know or preserve the illusion for their sake? :p

drothgery

First Post
I'm not exactly sure how old I was, but I stumbled upon my parents' stash of presents (kind of hard to hide, since they had five kids) while I was in elementary school. My siblings weren't all entirely convinced at the time.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
In your last thread. And I've started seeing a therapist after finding out about the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny as well. Thanks Nifft. :(

In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea when I found out. Apparently it wasn't something that impacted me enough to lodge in my memory.

I am guessing about 7 or 8. Between 5 and then I knew the "secret".... Mom and Dad reported to him and helped store the gifts because there was no way all of those gifts could ever fit on a sliegh. I mean comon.... Magic?

I remember setting traps for the Easter Bunny when i was about 5 also.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I too am also from a large family so I learned the truth at an early age. It of course didn't help that everyone always wanted to open presents on Christmas eve which lead up to my family's tradition of opening presents at the stroke of midnight.

awayfarer

First Post
It was never spoiled for me so much as I just stopped believing. I'm not sure what triggered it specifically. I was 9 at the time

Merkuri

Explorer
You see that one vote for 10-12? That was me. I believed up until middle school, which is when my parents decided I was too old and told me. I cried for that entire car ride. I was a gullible little sucker, I guess. The world just lost all its magic at that moment for me.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
In your last thread. And I've started seeing a therapist after finding out about the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny as well. Thanks Nifft. :(

In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea when I found out. Apparently it wasn't something that impacted me enough to lodge in my memory.
Hubby had the same answer, but I didn't know that until I had made the poll. Sorry there is no "don't remember exactly when" option. :\

Ranger REG

Explorer
I honestly don't remember at what age. It wasn't traumatic for me to remember. It's just one of those things that transition from a real figure (in the eyes of a child) to a symbol.

Remove ads