• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=update on Skyrim]
over the past week I actually did some of the quests I was supposed to do. I went and got the dragonstone, then killed the dragon and got Lydia as a companion, and the first shout, which is fun, especially right after you kill the dragon and everyone's like "woah, what was that!"

I especially like given my criminal lifestyle in the games how Lydia just goes along with it, even though I make her carry all my heavy stuff, and when I break into people's houses she says "I don't think you're supposed to be here" but when I had to kill a guard because he wouldn't accept that I can shout in the middle of the night without needing to be arrested* Lydia helped me kill him, which I thought was a nice gesture on her part.

* I was going around shouting at random objects in order to scatter them, and the guard walks up to me and says "you shouldn't be shouting like that" so I say "Oh yeah, whatcha gonna do about it" so he says "well, there aren't any laws against it that I know of, but I'll be watching you" sot he conversation ended there and what really ticked him off was when I shouted him, so the fight started and Lydia actually got the first hit in, but then he attacked me, and I had to defend myself so it wasn't really my fault that he died, so I took his stuff and sold it to the smith

What I do wonder is if I do something like shout someone, and Lydia kills them, not me, do i still get the bounty put on me, even if I didn't kill the person, because that would be really awesome, I can just sit back and watch as my law-abiding housecarl commits murder[/sblock]

GM

Shayuri

First Post
Yep. Your shout is an 'attack,' and constitutes an assault. The guard fighting back is in self defense then, and even if you don't strike the killing blow, you are to blame. Welcome to Bountyville, population: You.

:)

Fun times. Though watch out with Lydia if you use magic at all. She can die purty easy if you accidentally catch her in an AoE or a stream.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Just got back from the Avengers (should the T in the be cap'ed?), and it was awesome. And I can't wait for the next one --- or

[sblock=Spoiler] Are they going to have a Thor 2 - Captain America 2 - or Iron Man 3 first? At the end when Thanos turned smiling I thought ok Avengers 2 'The Infinity Gauntlet' but now I'm not so sure.

Best part was Hulk taking out Loki. HULK SMASH :mad: [/sblock]

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Yes, it should be capped, being a proper part of the title. Hiya HM! :D

I just got back from The Raven, myself. Awesome psych-thriller, with the darkness of Poe reigning supreme.

HM, any chance you'll get your games back up again sometime soon? Or are you still looking for another site?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey DW glad to see you still about.

Games - probably not all 13 of them but mayhap a few. I was thinking if things go south again it best not to have to many people to disappoint.

By south I mean not only the connection problems I was having but also work, church, and family. The computer/internet were just icing on my cake as it were. I used the RPing/DMing to get away from life outside my door and when that was starting to give me headaches too... well you know.

What games to start back up is the real question. I already sent out a pm about one I wish to finish, what game were you thinking off? WotBS or OtW? The pbp playtest?

There were so many. So again sorry to all for the quick fade out.

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It happens to all of us... which reminds me I need to stop procrastinating on my own game andstart the chase scene that leads up to the mt homage to Mad Max. :D

-Posted via mobile device.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Hey DW glad to see you still about.

Games - probably not all 13 of them but mayhap a few. I was thinking if things go south again it best not to have to many people to disappoint.

By south I mean not only the connection problems I was having but also work, church, and family. The computer/internet were just icing on my cake as it were. I used the RPing/DMing to get away from life outside my door and when that was starting to give me headaches too... well you know.

Oh, I understand perfectly. And much as we may hate it, RL has to take priority.

What games to start back up is the real question. I already sent out a pm about one I wish to finish, what game were you thinking off? WotBS or OtW? The pbp playtest?

There were so many. So again sorry to all for the quick fade out.

HM

Definitely Off to War. :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Off to War was my favorite for all the characters and being home-brewed. I wonder if everyone is still about and interested? Could find out and see I'll mention them over at the old OOC and see if they are.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Hm...it's been awhile, I know I was in several of your games, but I don't remember which ones other than one of the Carrion Crown ones and...ugh...head hurt from think.

Well, I'll keep an eye on the Talk forum in case you resurrect something that I have posts in. :)

Remove ads