• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Someone

Adventurer
Ootah struggles with his oversized bow, which escapes his grasp and drives him against the pillar. He swears to kill whoever throws another ball, but finishes his fight with his own weapon near where most of the fight is hapening now. Too bad he can only see one enemy now, but it's enough. The poor spider thing crumples with two large arrows firmly lodged in his throat.

[sblock=actions]
Start of turn: Gets hit by for effect, which hits AC 23 (got roll wrong). Ootah drops the bow.
Minor action: Pick weapon
Move action: To current position
Standard action: Twin strike on S1. By my calculations I can see his square, though he has cover which counters the -2 to defenses it has. Both attacks hit, with bonuses to damage from last round's hit (learning bow) and Bow Expertise. The first arrow should be enough to kill him, but I don't have any other enemy in sight so the second shot is wasted. Ignore the 1d6: it was a miscalculation with minor actions available.
Ootah also recovers 5 HP from last round Lerrick's attack.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Ootah Half-Orc Ranger 5
Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
Defenses: AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 19, Will: 16
HP: 32/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge value: 11, Surges/day:0/8 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Giant
AP: 0
Powers:
Twin Strike, Clever Shot
Two Fanged Strike, Disruptive Strike, Invigorating Stride, Furious Assault, Surprise Strike
Skirmish Stance, Flying Steel[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
On death of the scout, insidious magic of Martelai's curse triggers again, pushing the web crafter from warlock's allies.

Taking a deep breath, Martelai runs and jumps across the chasm. He then call another beam of light to existence, but its radiance is too weak to affect the crafter.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: slide wc1 to F18 -> E19, gain +2 to d20

Minor: Knack for Success +4 to next skill check
Move: start in E13 -> D12 -> F14 -> Athletics to jump (1d20+2+2+4=24) -> G18, gain shadowwalk concealment

Standard: Dire radiance vs wc2 ref; radiant damage; curse; secondary damage (1d20+10+2+1=16, 1d6+4=9, 1d6=5, 2d6+4=6) - miss

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar miraculously makes two leaps in his heavy plate mail but is still a good bit away from the fighting.
[sblock=Combat Actions]
Start of Turn:
37/65 HP

Turn Actions:
Move Action:
Athletics to E7 (1d20+0=17)

Minor Action:
Null

Standard Action:
Athletics to E12 (1d20+0=11)

End Turn:
HP: 37/65 HP (0 THP)

[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
PC:Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1/all 3/all
HP: 37/65 (0 TMP), Bloodied: 32 , Surge Value: 17, Surges Left: 1/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:
Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (17 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +11 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Censure the Unholy, Divine Reverence, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cyr nods at the mage, his hand shooting rays raised again. As he sent the rays away, he realized too late that his hand is too high to affect the enemy crouched in front of him and quickly tried to adjust, but even so the rays just misses the marauder.

At the very edge of his range, web crafter is hit solidly with pure white radiant ray.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Hand of Radiance vs Ref (wc2; m2); radiant damage (1d20+12+2=21, 1d20+12+2=17, 1d4+7=10) - misses the marauder, use
Free: Memory of thousand lifetimes (1d6=1) - miss anyhow

Move: shift back to P15 so Kauldron can have a flank
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyr Stats]
Deva Invoker Scholar 6
IMMEDIATES:
* Interrupt: Miraculous Fortune (damage reduced by 5, one ally get +1 power bonus to attack) - trigger: surprise attack by non-necrotic attack or critical hit
* Reaction: Preserver's rebuke - enemy hits one bloodied ally - Cyr gets +3 to attack

Initiative +10; Senses Passive Insight 23, Passive Perception 24
HP 24/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10+1, Surges 0/7
AC 22; Fortitude 16, Reflex 20, Will 22
(+1 TO ALL DEFENSES vs. BLOODIED ENEMIES)
resist necrotic and radiant 8

Feats:
* Battle Intuition - +2 to initiative, use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity
* Superior Implement
* Coordinated Explosion - +1 to hit with blast and burst attacks if ally is in the area
* Superior Will

0/1 AP
Saving Throws:
Resist 8 radiant; Resist 8 necrotic
Speed 5

Vanguard's Lightning
Hand of Radiance

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke
Blades of Astral Fires
Second Wind
Memory of Thousand Lifetimes
Miraculous Fortune
Falling Leaves
Demand Justice
Use Vulnerability

Silent Malediction
Searing Orb

Staff of the warmage (daily free enlarge spell)
Clearsense powder (consumable minor)
Iron Skin Belt (daily minor): gain DR 5 TENT

[/sblock]

[MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION], you need only DC 5 to get to E7. And that pilar is close enough, no?

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] I could jump to that pillar, but with the +0 athletics even that is risky. Then I'd have two more gaps to jump if I wanted to contribute over one ranged basic attack (out of throwing hammers after dropping the other one). I figured with the two remaining enemies at 20 hp the next wave will happen here momentarily. Then I can try to throw away some HP jumping if it is necessary. derp.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Next wave? I was expecting to finish the adventure this week, specially because I'll be out of town for two weeks starting this friday and frequent internet access is not guaranteed.

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
I could be (hope I am) confused, I was thinking there were three waves for some reason.
Yea I was confused. After we beat the dragon it was a 1/3 of the enemies (with these 10 being the other 2/3s), but for some reason my brain remembered that as a third of the whole round (as in 1/3 waves). I'll edit my turn to be more risky. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick scans the area and sees only two more foes left. She cannot aid her allies from her current location, so she takes matters into her own hands by getting a running start and jumping high into the air...

athletics check: 1d20+1= 13

clearing the short distance with ease. Settling at a spot on the new platform she mumbles something under her breath while the gaze of her silver eyes bore into the foe in front of her...then she stops because she realizes that the foe is out of range. :(

Get them guys!

CaBaNa

First Post
Choking out a few spells, and a minor cantrip, Gil proves to be mostly useless in his current state. The tears skew his vision, his attacks go wide. The heaving breathes he took cause his spells to lose cadence and sputter into oblivion. In the end the only thing the scholar manages is to move the rope into position for Artemis and Joy, and to look pitiful in the process.

[sblock=Actions]

minor mage hand grapple to O19, rope follow along, slithering out of backpack. [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] sorry that took so long, rope available.

minor Phantasmal henchman attack power on M2 includes-2 from appease fail
16 vs will M2 MISS
10 psychic damage and the target grants combat advantage to all attackers TE of it's NT.

Standard thundering armor on Gil secondary target M2
Gil gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn.

12 vs fort M2 MISS
10 thunder damage, and the secondary target is pushed one square away from the primary target.

Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Readied Immediate Actions]

Phantasmal Henchman (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack.
Effect: Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in a square adjacent to the target of the triggering allies attack. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

OR

Moonstride (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger: When an enemy moves adjacent to Gil.
Effect: Gil becomes insubstantial TENT, and shifts 2 squares away from the triggering enemy

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard|Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar
AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (additional +1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 1/36 bloodied 18, Surges 1/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind: Used,
Saving Throws: +5 vs Fear Effects (Battle Hardened)
AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo Gil resists 5 cold TE of the encounter
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads