• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The impact of allowing a full attack and a move action?

Animus

Explorer
Hello,

What would be the impact of allowing a move action with a full attack? The Pounce feat allows this to happen in the surprise round or first round of the combat. Would it be too overpowering to allow as a per-encounter power?

Animus

Explorer
Machiavelli said:
Are you referring to the feat "Catfolk Pounce"?

Yes.

Also, 3.0 Haste effectively allowed a move action and a full attack, amongst other things. Was there an offical answer (from some WotC source) on why they nerfed it? Was it spellcasting or something else?

If a full attack and a move action are both allowed, is it possible to take a double full attack if a character doesn't move or a double move if no attacks are made?

hong

WotC's bitch
Allowing a move and full attack is huge. The difference between a standard attack and a full attack is such that, between equally matched opponents, who wins a fight generally comes down to who gets the first full attack off.

avr

First Post
There are a couple of ways of getting a full attack at the end of a charge - there's a barbarian variant (lion totem) in UA and there's some manoeuvre in the tome of battle which does the same thing I think. Alternately Sudden Leap (ToB, Tiger Claw 1) lets you move as far as your (standing) jump check lets you on a swift action. Again in ToB there's a 7th? level Diamond Mind manoeuvre which lets you convert a swift action into an actual move action. Finally, White Raven Tactics (ToB, White Raven 3) is widely agreed to be broken, you can use it to mess around with initiative results which can have a similar effect.

I think Marshals can grant others extra move actions too, but I don't own the book where they're described.

Remove ads