• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Never great when one starts their day before the sun rises (imo) but man your ability to not only incorrectly understand what you read, to then declare your reading as objective truth, and to then somehow extrapolate an Elf Game to your particular (incorrect) reading and our blighted reality?

You are wrong my dude.

One time, I wrote this response to a combative person in a thread about an older edition of D&D: "Well, you're wrong. But that's okay, you're allowed to be. It's not my job to change your mind." They kept trying to argue, but I kept responding along those same lines. "You don't need to explain, my dude. I'm not going to change your mind." It took them an embarrassingly long time to finally drop it and move on.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I need 5-10 pages of house rules to play that game in the style I want and it will take me several hours to explain the play style differences I'm going for. Or I could play that other game that will require no explanation and have two house rules. Hmm…

Saw it at Wal-Mart
1000000397.jpg

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Sorry you had to find out this way, Random Reddit guy, but Dungeons & Dragons has always been popular among the queer and trans community.

Yes, even in the 1970s and 1980s. This is not new, this is not a "recent Internet thing," as you put it.

Consider being able to safely explore another identity, to become someone else, to feel more powerful and accepted than you ever would be in real life--if only for a few hours at a time. Can you understand why that might be appealing to queer and trans kids? Or did you think it was only for the bullied kids and awkward nerds that never fit in with the popular...OH WAIT.

Go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
One time, I wrote this response to a combative person in a thread about an older edition of D&D: "Well, you're wrong. But that's okay, you're allowed to be. It's not my job to change your mind." They kept trying to argue, but I kept responding along those same lines. "You don't need to explain, my dude. I'm not going to change your mind." It took them an embarrassingly long time to finally drop it and move on.
1715979794041.png

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
There may be pushback on that assessment, but that shoe certainly does seem to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads