• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dance of Souls

SlagMortar

First Post
"Indeed we have. After many travails and heroic deeds, you will be happy to know we have recovered your lost art pieces. We also have some clues as to where another of the pieces might lie hidden."

Xaov

First Post
We've gone to such great lengths to get you your pieces back, blood has been shed, lives nearly lost. You can expect no problems on our end. I just hope I'm right when I believe there won't be any problems on your side of the bargain either.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion's smile is a little forced at Azaroth's confrontational stance.

"We'll, ah, be very glad to have completed this task for you. We could all use some rest, I think. I take it those pouches contain the gold you promised?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Ahnd... what aboot ze zeeves?" If a'Larat is angry about Azaroth's assumptions, he does not show it.
At that point, Godo of Diarun also arrives at the gate. "Most excellent, my dear friends."

Patlin

Explorer
"The thieves were stabbed many times with lots of pointy things. The location where we fought them was cursed in such a way that actually killing them was likely to produce dire consequences, so we were forced to let them live, but their suffering was such that you can be sure they will regret their crimes against you most keenly... if, that is, they survive the apology they will be forced to give to the parties they intended to sell the Dance of Souls to when those persons are ready to complete the transaction. We have reasons to suspect they may not."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Ai zee..." a'Larat says, and looks a Godo. "Excuze uz for ah moment." The two nobles go a few feet away, and start a whispered convsersation. However, they don't seem too worried about eavesdropping, as you can easily hear that they discuss whether they would be justified in reducing the reward by 500 gold pieces. It seems that they slowly come to the conclusion that they should, as a voice comes from the door, apparently distant, yet also focussed.
"So you returned... So long have I waited..." In the shadowed doorway stands a woman, pale, with long black hair framing her face, and obscuring her ears so you cannot tell whether she is a human, or perhaps a half-elf. She wears an elaborate white dress.

Knight Otu

First Post
"The shadows... are small... I don't think it's evening yet?" She tilts her head.
Seran a'Larat is visibly nervous. "My love, you know you shouldn't be out here. It is for your own best. Gentlemen, my wife."

Xaov

First Post
Good afternoon mam. Mr. Godo and A'larat is there a reason you wish to reduce our reward by 500 gold? We did the job. Though the thieves escaped with their lives in tact we got you your pieces back AND we brought you directions to a possible third piece of the set. Something well worth the 500 in and of itself.

Knight Otu

First Post
"As a a matter of fact," Godo speaks up, "per our contract, the information on the third part is worth an additional 1000 gold. Fact of the matter, though, our contract called for you to find the thieves, bring them to their rightful justice, and return the stolen pieces to us. You say the thieves escaped, so a small portion of the contract was not fulfilled. It would merely reduce your reward from 6250 gold - remembering the advance pay you received - to 5750 gold."

You notice that the Lady a'Larat has moved towards the gate, and thus towards you, still clinging towards the shadows. But soon, she'll have to step into the light if she wants to continue her path. "Such pointless squabbling.... when my children long to dance..."

Remove ads