• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Animal Rescue League! (Closed)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Corlon said:
so if a feat is listed, do we get it for free, or does it have to be a special ability?
:confused:
The free feats you would get are from the animals natural abilities. Combat abilities like weapon fin. claw would not be free. but scent of blingsight would be since they are a part of the animals sensory abilities.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Also for the boar that took elvensight, all animals have low-light vision, unless stated otherwise. Its at the front of the monster manual, rather than under the listing. On second thought you might need to check that, boars aren't noted for having keen sight. But maybe they see as well(poorly) at night as they do during the day.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Also for the boar that took elvensight, all animals have low-light vision, unless stated otherwise.
The players were instructed to create humans. The Boar was not in the picture when the human gained that Psionic power.

arwel

First Post
Originally posted by Wippit Guud
Ick... that hurts the hawk... 6 strength...
Yeah, being tiny is hard especially since I no longer threaten adjacent opponents and I picked Combat Reflexes. Still, this is what the original charachter would have had so I'm not complaining. Being tiny does have its advantages though, a rogue with +21 to hide is always useful :) Combine it with fly by attack and he can get the drop on an opponent and be back in the bushes before they know what happened.
Originally posted by rangerjohn
The players were instructed to create humans. The Boar was not in the picture when the human gained that Psionic power.
I would have created him very differently if I knew I was going to be a hawk, but I think that would detract from the sense of the charachters whole world being turned upside down and having to learn how to overcome obstacles in new ways.

Wippit Guud

First Post
When I made the character, I wasn't even thinking that animals get low-light automatically... and on reflection, it's more realistic this way anyways.

Remove ads