• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Alliance of the Sword

MidKnight

First Post
Immediately following the conclusion of the White Lady’s tournament of Honor, construction begins at the Steel Dagger Dojo.

Saws and hammers work through the days and into the nights. The work progresses well. A large addition can be seen towering above the original Dojo.

The addition appears to be a huge tower, reaching to the sky. Six smaller offshoots, each fairly large in their own right, ring the top of the tower.

Although the materials have been gathered and the tower has taken rough form, there have been design revisions and problems. Needing someone with knowledge and experience in building such things, MidKnight turns to Sabaron. ”Sabaron, my friend, I am in need of your help with this project. My people are master artisans, but none have practical experience in such massive undertakings. After viewing your work for Vanor and Lady Diamond at the Dragon of the West Wind Dojo, I have decided that they could use your guidance for this project. All of my resources would be at your control if you should choose to accept this undertaking. Take some time to think it over and let me know what you think.” MidKnight clasps Sabaron’s hand and walks back to his office to, yet again, look over the plans for the tower.

Last edited:

sineater

First Post
From a nearby cliff, Bayne stares intently at the work going on.

"They think they can stop evil by building this place. They are wrong. For a building is but a shell, what is inside is what counts and the have nobody of worth to put in the building. The day will come when it will be destroyed. I hope to be there to see it and be holding the weapon that caused the havoc. Bayne stands and takes a last look. Then returns to his domain.

graydoom

First Post
GrayDoom watches the building go up.

"An Alliance... why does this seem very much like that foolish Brotherhood of the Light to me?"

"Perhaps this will fare better... after all, Wicht isn't still active to corrupt them all."

MidKnight

First Post
"Perhaps this does look remniscant of the ill fated brotherhood, but then again, they never had the backing of a brown belt, tying all of them together and aiding them with skill instead of just false bravado. When it came time to ante-up, the brotherhood just didn't have the cohesion (or the wisdom) to carry through with their ideals. This is different."

graydoom

First Post
"True... the backing of a Brown Belt is a significant thing. And with less villians around...."

"Perhaps you will succeed this time... at whatever your goal might be. Good luck, MidKnight."

Wicht

Hero
All I remember is it was sure annoying to dirty trick a move only to have a red belt step in and nix and and then another step in and nix your sneaky trick :rolleyes:

graydoom

First Post
Wicht said:
All I remember is it was sure annoying to dirty trick a move only to have a red belt step in and nix and and then another step in and nix your sneaky trick :rolleyes:
And then have a Sash come in, and....

:D :rolleyes: :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads