• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Tell us what you like and don't like about 4e

Shade

Monster Junkie
nyrfherdr said:
The magic system rocks on toast.

Instead of being based on fiction by Jack Vance, it's based on roles played by Jack Palance.

When you roll up a Wizard character you pick a movie Jack was in. You recite lines of his to cast spells.

Spell effects are assigned based on the movie, the role and the difficulty of the lines. The director (or DM) assigns bonuses or penalties based on how close the player comes to the DVD clip of the same scene.

:lol:

Do players get a circumstance bonus for doing a one-armed pushup?

Dr. Harry

First Post
StupidSmurf said:
Wait till you see the boxed set treatment in store for the abovementioned campaign setting! There hasn't been so many blasphemies set down in book form since the Necronomicon. And the setting's name kinda rots too:

The PlaneUnderForgottenDarkGrayBlackShadowRavenDragonHawkMoorLanceLoftSunRealmsScape.....of Doom...of Cthulhu...

...from Hell.

Well, they needed a name, what with using the cartoon characters as the new iconics, although half the time they forgot to replace "Krusk" with "Bobby".

Plus, I thought they gave Care Bears *way* too many hit dice.

Typos were also pretty bad. I haven't been able to get past the part in the new pantheon about "Chester the Sneaky, the rouge diety"

StupidSmurf

First Post
Dr. Harry said:
Well, they needed a name, what with using the cartoon characters as the new iconics, although half the time they forgot to replace "Krusk" with "Bobby".

Plus, I thought they gave Care Bears *way* too many hit dice.

Typos were also pretty bad. I haven't been able to get past the part in the new pantheon about "Chester the Sneaky, the rouge diety"

Dude I got bad news for you.... That's no typo! :eek:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
nyrfherdr said:
The magic system rocks on toast.

Instead of being based on fiction by Jack Vance, it's based on roles played by Jack Palance.
... Oh, I thought that was Jack Chick.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
So, is the Barbarian still a barbarian, less of a barbarian, more of a barbarian...or just a plain ole' barbarian, looking like a barbarian. :cool:

Dr. Harry

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
Blast you!!! That was for the DM only section!!! :]

No, you're thinking of the button that kills all the players on the level. You know, the big button labled "TPK".

The big red button

The big shiny red button

The big, shiny, candy-like red button.

Mmmm ... candy ...

StupidSmurf

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
So, is the Barbarian still a barbarian, less of a barbarian, more of a barbarian...or just a plain ole' barbarian, looking like a barbarian. :cool:

Here are the changes for Barbarians in 4E:

1. All barbarians must now wear fur bikinis, regardless of gender.
2. If a barbarian uses a pronoun, he/she can no longer advance in that class.
3. Hit dice is now d20.
4. A small fine-print rule gives the DM the legal right to take the DMG and beat to within an inch of their lives any players who name their barbarians "Conan" or "Sonja".
5. The iconic miniature figure for the Barbarian bears a startling resemblance to Hagar the Horrible.
6. Barbarian new class skills: Weave Sticks In Hair, Roar Loudly, Drink Lots, Break Things, Flatulence, and Overreact.
7. Barbarians are not a single class anymore. Players must now choose what type of Barbarian from the following list:
Plains
Forest
Mountains
Prairies
Oceans White With Foam
Hill
Gully
Valley (fer shur)
Volcano
Marsh
Tidal Flat
Swamp