• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Tell me about Birthright

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Personally, I've always found this overview of the setting (which focuses on the domain management part more than anything else) to be amusing:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Birthright has some cool ideas, I've only read some of the books recently, never played, but it seems like it would be a fun game as long as everyone is keen to really engage with the domain rulership and bloodline benefits. I believe Matt Colville did a video on birthright, but I was unable to find it. Probably in the running the game play list if you want to look through that.

So birthright has some good ideas and some that would be considered problematic, I am going to stick to positive (What I want from a new 5e or 6e one)

Bloodline powers. If you ever saw the TV show/Movies highlander imagine a more fantasy version where instead of you being immortal, you got other types of special powers (mostly spell like) but you can kill others with it and take there power... now since you aren't immortal you can pass this down to your descendants.

Army/kingdom building. You can play not just a character but part of a noble line (see above) and raise armies to do battle

Magic of the land (see MTG, how do we not have tap land for magic yet?) where not just druids but everyone can draw extra power from land they control.

Remove ads