• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer re-enters the inn. "Guess I got a little carried away. I hope they still have some left overs from lunch."
After grabbing a sandwhich at the bar, he settles in to watch the card house construction.
To Banion, he says, "Hello, I see you've met Rose Marie and .. ", looking at Gur", what was your name again, sir? I'm Beamer Glimmereye. Pleased to meet you." He extends his hand to Banion.

Knight Otu

First Post
Adventure - The Dance of Souls

It has been a quiet day in the Red Dragon Inn so far, so few of the clients take the sounds of two approaching carriages as a sign that this may change until the carriages actually stop before the inn. Three men exit from each carriage, dressed in attires fitting for nobles and their guards or servants. As the six men enter the inn, two immediately go to Joe, negotiating prices for their masters' announcement.
The four men remaining wait patiently during the talks, giving the clients a good opportunity to look at them. Two are prpoably guards, even though they are only lightly armored and armed, and both are human. They occasionally exchange glances that seem not too friendly.
The two others certainly enough are clad in noble garb. Oddly enough, one of them is a half-orc, and seeing him carry the "typical" noble mannerisms is strange to most onlookers. He keeps a small distance from the second man, a blonde human, who apparently deems it beneath him to look around, fixating his gaze on Joe.

The servants negotiating with Joe soon realize that they will have to pay his prize, and do so swiftly after that. As they return to their masters, the half-orc speaks up.

"We, my esteemed friend Seran a'Larat, and me, Godo of Diarun, are here to obtain the temporary services of ... members of the adventuring vocation. We certainly will need experts of the arcane or divine and followers of the martial path. We expect that knowledge of the wilderness will be useful, as will skills of ... persuasion."

The blonde man now speaks for the first time, with a horrible accent "Eef yoo wish to apply, pleese follov oos to ze back ruum, where vee vill ahnswer any questions yoo mae have."
(This is the start for the recruiting for the adventure titled The Dance of Souls. Any character is allowed to join, including psionic characters.)

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
A small human walks into the tavern, head buried in his spell book. He keeps walking to the back room, unaware he is even in the tavern.

Rose Marie perks up as the newcomers enter the room. "Finally, some excitement," she mutters, pretty much under her breath. With the instruction to enter the back room, she jumps up and hurries back to the back room as well.

Dexerion

First Post
Lynx enters the bar

A few days later...

Bartholemu Holland steps into the door of the Inn he so often frequents.

Joe, seeing Bartolemu enter through the corner of his eye while wiping a mug, looks up only long enough to cordially nod in the card player's direction. Bartholemu was somewhat well known among the staff of the Red Dragon, though not particularly liked. He was a street bum who found a knack for card playing and used his skill to sucker money from adventurers new to the tavern. Bartholemu was tight with his money, and rarely ever bought anything while he was around, much less tip anyone. Therefore, he was quite lucky to just be tolerated enough that he could continue to make some coin here and there when he could find a game.

Bartholemu looks around the tavern. All he sees other than Joe polishing his mugs, no doubt for the third time today, is a cockroach scurrying around from table base to table base, desperately seeking crumbs or sticky drops of ale. Heh, looks like I am not the only one suffering from the Dragon's dry season. Disappointed at the empty room, Bartholemu decides to take a perch at his favorite table and shuffle some cards while he waits to see what fate may bring him today. Joe seemed to forget Bartholemu was even there, which suited the quiet boy just fine.

azmodean

First Post
Artax, scout, Ranger 1

The tavern door swings open, and a lanky human with long brown hair enters. He is outfitted with studded leather armor and clothes that have not seen much wear. An unstrung shortbow is slung across his back, under a large backpack that seems to be giving him some difficulty.

He looks around for a moment and then heads toward an unoccupied corner table, but a barmaid shooes him toward the bar, with instructions to, "call out yer name".

He reaches the bar, clears his throat, and says, "Greetings all, I am Artax, and I am seeking employment as a scout and warrior."

After Joe introduces himself, Artax orders a meal and heads back to the table he had picked out earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads