• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Pbartender said:
Having miraculously drunk his own volume in ardent spirits, Jack turns to his noble companion, "Beggin' your pardon, Miss Fant, but I've got a right full purse just itchin' to be emptied, and the quality of my attire no longer suits my fancy, if'n you know what I mean.*hiccough* And I'm thinkin' you do." He certainly does cut a particularly bedraggled appearance, at the moment. "I would be mightily honored, ma'am, if'n you would oblige to accompany me and give your most earnest-like opinions of proper styles of the day."

Fant raises an eyebrow. This has truly been a strange day- between the unexpected advances and the request for fashion advice, Fant begins to recall that old fairy story. What did it say, about six impossible things before breakfast?

"This is unexpected," she says bluntly. "And in the spirit of honesty I must tell you that I wouldn't know current fashions from a hole in the ground, and I care for them about as much." Fant is more from the engage fellow nobles in bloody wars for honor and territorial gain tradition than the dances and state dinners one.

"But I have some small measure of knowledge about such things, if you truly wish me to share it. Besides, I have some purchases of my own I wish to carry out." Fant indicates with a small movement of her head the group around Coom, and adds with a trace of irony "Besides, all of my admirerers and retainers have abandoned me for someone else's court. I believe custom calls for angst, poetry, and shopping."

Otakkun

Explorer
Garret Tealeaf

Wondering what to do about the current situation, Garret shrugs his shoulders and decides to involve himself into this non orthodox quest. Though it seemed that the only thing they would get from it would be just the knowledge of helping, Garret reasoned that it would be a good chance to learn more about the place.

He just hoped that things were what they seemed.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"This is unexpected," she says bluntly. "And in the spirit of honesty I must tell you that I wouldn't know current fashions from a hole in the ground, and I care for them about as much." Fant is more from the engage fellow nobles in bloody wars for honor and territorial gain tradition than the dances and state dinners one.

"But I have some small measure of knowledge about such things, if you truly wish me to share it. Besides, I have some purchases of my own I wish to carry out." Fant indicates with a small movement of her head the group around Coom, and adds with a trace of irony "Besides, all of my admirerers and retainers have abandoned me for someone else's court. I believe custom calls for angst, poetry, and shopping."

"To be honest, Miss," Jack mentions in a quietly confidential sort of voice as they head foor the door, "I'm more needin' of advice regardin' the turn of a blade and the links on the mail, which I'm suspectin' you have more knowin' of 'bout you than the turn of a buckle and the frills on the lace, beggin' your pardon."

"Besides, if you're bein' of the same mind I am, and I'm thinkin' you are, I figure you're just a wee bit weary of the conversations here'bouts," He gives her a wink.

He glances at the notice on the board on their way out. "I'm wonderin' just what sorts of 'evil' theys wantin' exterminated... Rats, most likely, says I. Perhaps we should be takin' a look into the job whens we get back, eh, Miss Fant? Five grand would be goin' a long ways 'tween the two of us."

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
Rillian continues to scratch and pet Cirus, never having met such a massive and friendly creature before.

"Hmmm, still sounds like there may be some, um...negotiation with the watch necessary, especially if some are corrupt, but well, as I said before, I'm in. So where do we start Mr. Coom, looks to me like we have enough help here (starts counting on his fingers), one...two...three...um I count eight so far, do we need that many?"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
The chair that was holding Grogg, Son of Grogg (no relation to Grog, I just saw that:) ) groaned in protest as the 450 pound body moved back and forth trying to keep an eye on the little man and the Lady Fant.

"AARRGGGHH," cried out Grogg, Son of Grog, "little man make my head hurt, I goin' to help you or not. I help little man, we leave now."

Grogg, Son of Grogg, shifted his height and the whole wooden chair smashed to pieces. He said no more words, just pulled himself up to the table, sitting crossed legged on the floor, his massive 7' fame still at eye contact with the others.

Kangaxx

First Post
While most of the patrons are gathered around Coom, Nielan walks over to look at the newly posted message on the bulletin board. As he reads it, he scowls, then looks across the room at the only other people who paid any attention to it, Jack and Fant. He hurries to catch up with them as they head out of the inn.

"Excuse me, I noticed you looking at the latest job on the message board, and I was wondering if you were interested in the venture. While I have little respect for the employer, I have no objections to receiving their money, and I'm curious what sort of evil would reside where they wish to place a temple."

Nielan watches Jack and Fant expectantly.

silentspace

First Post
Other Guy said:
“That man deserves nothing,” Loskrad says, referring to the priest with distaste. “Well Coom, a promise is a promise and if Mintrik is going then so will I.”

Mintrik nods at Loskrad in agreement and smiles. He was hoping his new friend would come along with him, but didn't know if he'd be interested, as there seemed to be little chance for earning some coin on this venture.

Otakkun

Explorer
Garret Tealeaft

Moving over to where miss Fant is, Garret apporaches her as they prepare to leave the inn and asks her about the mysterious man who had just left.

"It seems you know who the guy who posted that note on the message board is, at least from reputation. Would you mind telling me more about him and the God they are building a temple for while I follow you? I'm not very knowledgeable in those matters"

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious O'Reilly

The chromatically robed halfling edges over the group around Coom. "So, you guys doing something exciting?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads