• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Trouvere

Explorer
"I did," Conuld says, turning, and keeping his eyes on Nars rather than his companion. "You follow the southern road, through the Land of Seven Bridges, until at last you come to the small lonely town of Antreil, which lies at a crossroads of sorts. You choose the road that leads south-west, and follow it for six hundred miles or more, whereafter you will see the broken walls rising from among the dry hills.

"I do not advise you to make the journey, though. The people of those lands warned us that few who enter the ruins have ever returned, though it is safe, if unpleasant, for those who do not venture from the road. Spells linger on the roadway, speeding the feet of the traveller, but to arcane eyes, other stranger spells hang like mists over the entire city, and do not fade. It is beautiful in its way. But perhaps you are equal to its dangers, given your previous exploits."

OOC: this is not a hook!

BigB

First Post
A small armored figure enters the tavern and announces himself as Rhys, servent of the people.

He is a small figure armored in full plate with cloak pulled over his head hiding his face, helm under his arm. He moves to the bar and orders a drink. He watches Conuld and Pendrake as they discuss need for a cleric.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I did," Conuld says, turning, and keeping his eyes on Nars rather than his companion. "You follow the southern road, through the Land of Seven Bridges, until at last you come to the small lonely town of Antreil, which lies at a crossroads of sorts. You choose the road that leads south-west, and follow it for six hundred miles or more, whereafter you will see the broken walls rising from among the dry hills.

"I do not advise you to make the journey, though. The people of those lands warned us that few who enter the ruins have ever returned, though it is safe, if unpleasant, for those who do not venture from the road. Spells linger on the roadway, speeding the feet of the traveller, but to arcane eyes, other stranger spells hang like mists over the entire city, and do not fade. It is beautiful in its way. But perhaps you are equal to its dangers, given your previous exploits."

OOC: this is not a hook!

Pendrake sniffs at the dwarven stout that he had handed toconuld only to discover the smell of the apples he noticed earlier. as sneaky as he can he slides the tankard to himself and sniffs the actual contents only to find it is now apple Juice.

A look of befuddlement and confusion crosse pendrake's countenance, "Act! Apple juice?! zot vas Goot Dwarfen Stote vhen I gif to you .. how it to become apple juice Conalt?"

OOC: yeah, this is not a hook, just two old acquaintances talking over drinks.[/quote]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin barely gives Rhys a second glance. By now he is used to the number of small folk living in the wetlands.

"Do not abandon hope, ye who tread this path. Stray not, and the past will let you pass." he quotes as he hears the talk about the ruins. "The caravan I originally came here with passed through those ruins. Before we entered them, I thought it might be interesting to explore them a bit. Afterwards, not so much."

Scott DeWar

"Harumph...ruin perfectly goot stote."

then looking to Semabin and back to Conauld he says, "you both look to be able to holt your self in fight...not to be afraid of what is dark as it is said..."Takes a draw from the last of his second tankard," you both make to seem it is ...difficult? ...to explore?" I know Conalt...He fears nicht. Goot man in fight. If you prefer not to go. I truss you mein frent"

He then looks to his two empty tankards and shrugs. "Zen no verk at zis time"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well, I only passed through it when I had barely any experience in the world, and I'll have to pass through the ruins again sooner or later - and from the report of your friend, sooner may be in order - but it's not an experience to be taken lightly."

Scott DeWar

"If you pass again Zaht vey, You let me know, if i am here,Ja?"

[sblock=Knight Otu]
OOC: I see you are in germany, and i know i am probably butchering the accent, i humbly ask for your forgiveness.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads