• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Subscribed threads link?

Scotley

Hero
I can't find the subscribed threads link under 'do stuff'. Did it go away or just go somewhere else? I could find them by going to my settings, but that seems an awkward way to do it. It is very useful to active play by post gamers to be able to go to a list of subscribed threads and see which games have new posts.

IronWolf

blank
Yeah - I noticed it missing today as well. If you don't like the settings method, you could also bookmark this:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Which should show you all your subscriptions.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah, I was just noticing this as well. Though I could bookmark the subscriptions page, what I've always done is bookmark the front page, get the news and stuff, then click on that and go to my subscriptions. Just been more convenient for me. I'll change if I have to, but I'd rather not if I don't!

IronWolf

blank
Yeah, I was just noticing this as well. Though I could bookmark the subscriptions page, what I've always done is bookmark the front page, get the news and stuff, then click on that and go to my subscriptions. Just been more convenient for me. I'll change if I have to, but I'd rather not if I don't!

Yeah, I always hit the Subscribed Threads via the Do Stuff link as well...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was trying to simplify the menus and remove duplicate info. How is clicknig "Settings" worse than clicking "Do Stuff!" > "Subscribed Threads"? It's one less click, surely?

IronWolf

blank
I was trying to simplify the menus and remove duplicate info. How is clicknig "Settings" worse than clicking "Do Stuff!" > "Subscribed Threads"? It's one less click, surely?

For me its just muscle memory. Once my muscle memory updates to clicking Settings instead it should work fine for me, like you said - it actually saves me a click!

In my opinion I think the cleaned up 'Do Stuff' drop down is worth reforming my muscle memory. So no worries from me.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

It's not. But one has to know one can click "settings" for it to be less clicks. :)

Now that I know this, it is nicer.

fireinthedust

Explorer

Easy: "Do Stuff" has Subscribed Threads right there, on the page I'm looking at right now.

"Settings" loads a whole different page, then i have to scroll down to get to Subscribed Threads. It's not right there, there's a page load to get to Subscribed Threads' option, then another page load to get to the Subscribed Threads page itself.

It's more work and less convenient than it used to be, ergo "worse" than it was before the change.

IronWolf

blank
Easy: "Do Stuff" has Subscribed Threads right there, on the page I'm looking at right now.

"Settings" loads a whole different page, then i have to scroll down to get to Subscribed Threads. It's not right there, there's a page load to get to Subscribed Threads' option, then another page load to get to the Subscribed Threads page itself.

It's more work and less convenient than it used to be, ergo "worse" than it was before the change.

Clicking settings takes you to a subscribed threads page that shows you threads that you are subscribed to that have new posts in them. You only have to click the View All if you want to see subscribed threads that have no new posts in them yet.

Or a bookmark to the View All can take it back to being just one click as well.

I used to use the same path to view subscribed threads as you, but it hasn't been that difficult to adjust.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads