• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strangest Character Quirk

madriel

First Post
So what's the strangest quirk you've ever invented for your character?

My brother's Barbarian has a +4 Flaming Waraxe and a +2 ring of protection against fire. He likes to intimidate foes by licking his flaming axe. :D

Hmm, do you think Krash has been hit in the head just one too many times?;)

graydoom

First Post
Yes, Krash had been hit on the head a couple too many times.

I've seen sorcerers that do something similar... with some strong elemental protection they can drop fireballs on themselves without being in danger of any real harm.

Pyromania at its greatest.

7thlvlDM

Explorer
That's pretty cool, I have to remember that one!

Now the question that begs to be asked is, if you lick a frost weapon, would a ring of resistance (cold) protect you from having your tongue stuck to it?

Wormwood

Adventurer
Back in college I played Dommar the Necrophage, a psychotic dwarf who ate everything he killed. Orc, Drow, Troll (after thorough cooking), etc. His 20 CON came in very handy.

I miss the little freak.

Echoes

First Post
Well, my old homebrew involved a fighter named Blaine who had six intelligence and believed himself to be a Paladin of the world's god. The group didn't have the heart (in character) to blatanly tell him that he wasn't, so the wizard cast continual light on his sword to make him think it had been blessed and was a holy sword.

Blaine never did figure out why his holy symbol never seemed to turn undead, or why laying on hands never healed anyone (except, of course, when the party cleric was also touching the person Blaine was "healing" and using a cure light wounds or what have you).

The player was very good at his role, and often actually got people to think he was a Paladin. Of course, he came into conflict with the group's atheist rogue, who was fond of lighting buildings on fire, but that's another story.

Laters,
-John-

Deranged Youth

First Post
Back on topic...

Once I had a character, named aptly Blind Nalom, who was cursed as a child and born not only without eyes, but without eye sockets. Any magical solution he tried to rectify his problem failed. I ended up taking a slightly modified version of the Blind Master PrC from the 3E Tower.
My next character will be a pirate with several limbs missing. I love playing disabled characters!

Eosin the Red

First Post
I had a cleric who was slightly crazy and fanatical. Dangerous combination.

One day I decided that he had dream visions from his god. He used them to bully the party around.

Taron "We need to travel to a city of burning sand"

Other PC "Why would we do that, we are in the middle of the ToEE?"

Taron "Last night, Pholtus came to me in a dream. If we fail in this quest, we will be consumed by the green fires of Teurney. No more did he reveal to me."

The DM gave my gig up to the other PC's, but until he did they believed that I had visions. Afterword they thought I was a nut.

EOL

First Post
Imaginary Dragon

The strangest character quirk I ever came across was will playing a fantasy game using the champions rules. There was a Dwarven Stone Wizard who wanted a little dragon as a familiar, unfortunately he didn't have enough points so he carried around a rock and pretended it was his pet dragon. It was funny till he sent decided to send his "dragon" back to warn us of the approaching Orc Horde. The ensuing ambush of the unsespecting party was not pretty...

Tsyr

Explorer
My "oldest and greatest"(TM) character is/was an albino... he's the elf I'm using for my avatar. But that's not really that strange.

In a hackmaster game I got a little overzealos and unlucky with the merits/flaws table, and wound up with a pixey-faerie theif who had two peg legs, only one arm (Thankfully both wings), one eyed, color blind, deaf, and had a host of mental problems...

Strangest "normal" character would probably be Tan Ji'Etana... he was a level 1 follower of a god of trickery... after he woke up in the forest with amnesia. He was actualy a heir to a noble house of a distant empire. He woke up in the forrest in tattered clothes and a two-bladed sword, and an for some reason he remembered how to use the sword, but not much else. He doesn't even remember his real name, but calls himself "Dancer", after his fighting style (and the fact that he has perform: dance). He occasionaly has "flashbacks" where he remembers bits of his life, but never much of it. In his new persona, he is a fairly light-hearted, fun-loving rogue-ish type character, sorta like a slightly more fun-loving version of Han Solo. He spends a lot of his time in taverns drinking, playing knife-toss games while drunk, and chasing women. He is slowly gaining back a little of his "old" personality as his memory returns bit by bit, and he's becoming a more serious sort. The empire is searching for him, but what will happen when they find him? His ongoing "quest" isn't to recover his memory (which his new persona could frankly care less about), but to construct a sword that he keeps having visions of... a double-bladed sword, with one blade of mithrill and one of adamantite, with runes running down the blades, and the handle wrapped with the skin of a young shadow dragon. Thus far he has managed to construct the adamantite blade, and has a lead on a smith to forge the mithrill one.

arkhus

First Post
Me

My character is a dwarf warrior(Arkhus),with 7 Wis (which really suits him fine,since he´s a bit nuts).
Well, his quirks are his passion for phycus and spiders(specially tarantules),he has even invented a tarantule sauce (10 ranks in Cooking + Spoon +10Cooking) which people eat without knowing what´s really made of.

BYE ALL

Remove ads