• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Stoneskin in 3er

Datt

First Post
10/- would be WAY too powerful. That means that a 16th level fighter with a +5 battle axe still has to reduce his damage by 10 against an 8th level mage. That is just not right. I thought they were going to change DR so it would look like 10/magic (+5) or something like that. Not just -/magic. And 10/epic would make it more powerful than now as well becuase you can use a +5 weapon to over come Stoneskin. I might be in favor a 5/- or something like that, but definetly not 10/-.

Merlion

First Post
Datt said:
10/- would be WAY too powerful. That means that a 16th level fighter with a +5 battle axe still has to reduce his damage by 10 against an 8th level mage. That is just not right. I thought they were going to change DR so it would look like 10/magic (+5) or something like that. Not just -/magic. And 10/epic would make it more powerful than now as well becuase you can use a +5 weapon to over come Stoneskin. I might be in favor a 5/- or something like that, but definetly not 10/-.

Well 5/- also sort of has the issue of being rather weak. Also out of line with all previous forms of stoneskin.
Even if it is 10/- remember it has a damage limit. Once it hits that limit it goes away.
10/epic if they did it would be a perfect fit in a lot of ways. Stoneskin has always required a very powerful weapon to bypass. if they make the Epic rules more part of the core, this would make sense.
Of course who knows they may be altering it drasticaly, like changing the level or something.

Remove ads