• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Status Cards

Twin Rose

First Post
Nyarlathotep said:
Is there any chance that the newly released Status Cards are going to be availlable from another vendor?

Ouch.... But, if I may ask, why would you not want to purchase from EN World and save Morrus money and support the site?

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Twin Rose said:
Ouch.... But, if I may ask, why would you not want to purchase from EN World and save Morrus money and support the site?

This will sound petty and childish so apologies in advance.

I donated to the first donation drive to keep the site up and running when cyberstreet was going to shut the connection down. Later I learned that some of the monies donated to keep the site up were used for the ENNIES, something I would have never donated for. (I'm sure they are great, but it's not something I would have privately supported).

Then the server donation drive came up and I wasn't going to donate at all based on my first experience, but the guarantee of prizes for all donors proved too much for my weak willpower :). Of course that didn't pan out at all, it took over a year to even resolve it and by then it seems many of the prizes were no longer available, so of course not everyone recieved the prizes that were offered to entice our donations.

I'm not willing to support the site anymore with my money. I don't have a mad on, or hate anyone over it and frankly this is still the best d20 Site on the net, but I feel I've been "burned" twice and will never pay for services here again.

Like I said, childish and petty in ways that amaze even myself. :)

Twin Rose

First Post
Nyarlathotep said:

I donated to the first donation drive to keep the site up and running when cyberstreet was going to shut the connection down. Later I learned that some of the monies donated to keep the site up were used for the ENNIES, something I would have never donated for. (I'm sure they are great, but it's not something I would have privately supported).

Then the server donation drive came up and I wasn't going to donate at all based on my first experience, but the guarantee of prizes for all donors proved too much for my weak willpower :). Of course that didn't pan out at all, it took over a year to even resolve it and by then it seems many of the prizes were no longer available, so of course not everyone recieved the prizes that were offered to entice our donations.

I'm not willing to support the site anymore with my money. I don't have a mad on, or hate anyone over it and frankly this is still the best d20 Site on the net, but I feel I've been "burned" twice and will never pay for services here again.

I think people don't realize that there's ongoing expenditures... And poor guys like me who are basically here working on the site full-time keeping it going and always trying to make it better. And, while I respect that people may not want to 'pay for services' (ouch.. Since I provide a lot of them and was not involved in the things you mentioned above :( ) it seems actively hurtful to wait to purchase something you actually want to purchase, BECAUSE it costs the site money.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nyarlathotep said:

But... they're still published by me whereever you buy them! I'm afraid that the only (legal) way to get them will always involved money moving from you to me. Sorry about that.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Twin Rose said:
I think people don't realize that there's ongoing expenditures... And poor guys like me who are basically here working on the site full-time keeping it going and always trying to make it better. And, while I respect that people may not want to 'pay for services' (ouch.. Since I provide a lot of them and was not involved in the things you mentioned above :( ) it seems actively hurtful to wait to purchase something you actually want to purchase, BECAUSE it costs the site money.

That's certainly fair enough and please believe me when I say that I appreciate all the work that volunteers and the admins do to keep the site up and running.

I disagree with your last sentences though. I'm not looking to actively harm the site, but I feel that I've been lied to twice when I supported the site in the past and am unwilling to do so again. I know that you personally aren't responsible for this and have no rancour towards most here, but I said in the Prize List thread in meta that I wouldn't put more money into ENWorld and I'm standing by that.

All that said, your post makes it sound like it may be available from RPGNow or DTRPG in the future so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Twin Rose

First Post
Nyarlathotep said:
That's certainly fair enough and please believe me when I say that I appreciate all the work that volunteers and the admins do to keep the site up and running.

I disagree with your last sentences though. I'm not looking to actively harm the site, but I feel that I've been lied to twice when I supported the site in the past and am unwilling to do so again. I know that you personally aren't responsible for this and have no rancour towards most here, but I said in the Prize List thread in meta that I wouldn't put more money into ENWorld and I'm standing by that.

All that said, your post makes it sound like it may be available from RPGNow or DTRPG in the future so I'll keep an eye out for it.

I won't nitpick over it, and I could explain at better depth, but this really isn't the forum for it. I was mostly just curious, because as I said I work my butt off, and I was very curious why someone would choose to actively avoid purchasing something here if it wasn't available anywhere else.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nyarlathotep said:

TwinRose doesn't work for EN Publishing, so he's not going to know where ENP products might be available from. Eh, and this isn't even the ENP forum, so I'll bow out.

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Morrus said:
TwinRose doesn't work for EN Publishing, so he's not going to know where ENP products might be available from. Eh, and this isn't even the ENP forum, so I'll bow out.

Okay, I've posted over there as well. Thanks.

Flyspeck23

First Post
This was an ENP project - TOGC did the layout because we can ;)

That's really all I can say on that topic. It's ENP's choice if and when the Status Cards will be available elsewhere.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads