• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat this up # 2

Cleon

Legend
Similar creatures

Pesudo Dragon: Str 6, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Fearie Dragon: Str 9, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16
Fox: Str 11, Dex 19, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7.

I'm liking Pseudodragon stats for them, maybe with some tweaking.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah some tweaks are in order.

Cha 14 sounds good. Foxes are cunning so maybe more wis as well?

We should decide what sort of CR and Improved Familiar level we're aiming for.

A Pseudodragon is CR 1 (which is possibly a little low considering its stats) and are "7th level" Improved Familiars.

If we want the same for the Foxdragon, we should beware of going overboard on the stats and abilities.

Speaking of abilities, anyone got any ideas for Special Attacks or Special Qualities that are appropriate for a Foxdragon?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
In China and Japan foxes grow additional tails when they get old enough (1000 years or so). The can have up to nine tails for the really old and powerful ones.

Really, not just mythologically? :p

More seriously, let's aim for pseudodragon-ish CR, etc.

Any SA or SQ might want to be dragon-oriented given that they look a lot like foxes. Then again, I'm strangely drawn toward a fire tail slap. Or web-spinning. ;)

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Really, not just mythologically? :p

That depends on who you talk too. ;)

More seriously, let's aim for pseudodragon-ish CR, etc.

In that case, I'm hesitant to give them that much better stats than a Pseudodragon, at least without adding some compensatory disadvantage.

Any SA or SQ might want to be dragon-oriented given that they look a lot like foxes. Then again, I'm strangely drawn toward a fire tail slap. Or web-spinning. ;)

Maybe a tail slap that does fire damage and can potentially cause the target to catch fire, using the Fire Elemental's Burn SA as a model?

Nookie

Explorer
Yeah i like burn, Maybe sense you like web it can be some kind of stickey burn that is hard to put out and may hinder movement or something?

Cleon

Legend
sounds fun and interesting and uniqueish. But thematical it probably doesnt fit.

Well what kind of theme where you thinking of?

Maybe it has part of its tail come off and stick to its opponent while being on fire?

A "firetailed" critter would seem to have possibilities.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Whoa, out of control joke! The web-spinning was a play on "firefox" again. :p

I like a fire tail slap with burn, though.

Compared to the pseudodragon, I could see increasing Wis with a slight drop in Con. Probably no big need for boosted Cha.

Remove ads