• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Starting a druid in 3e, any advice/suggestions

Dimwhit

Explorer
I have an 8th level Druid (just turned 8th). He's the toughest fighter the group has. I would recommend against multi-classing. Go for human. The first-level feats are throw-away. Take good general feats. Maybe Improved Initiative or something. At third level, take Power Attack. That's the one feat I wish I had. At 6th level, Natural Spell is a must! By then, you can go around as a Black Bear, cast Greater Magic Fang (+2 claw - I cast it 3 times on myself now, 2 claws and a bite), and go to town. And with Natural Spell, you can still cast spells fairly easily.

Now that I'm 8th level, and can turn into a Large Bear, I'm going to deal some nasty damage. Anyway, that's what I'd recommend, at least if you want a good fighting Druid. Focus on Wildshaping. I never did bother getting a Animal Companion. Mainly because they usual slow game play.

Zhure

First Post
Longspear is your friend. It's the only reach weapon allowed to a +0 BAB class (ok, except some War clerics and Psychic Warriors).

Greg

The Mariner

First Post
Thanks for all of your replies. I have come to realize that the druid is far more versatile than I previously imagined.

I enjoy playing classes that allow for a variety of options to call forth during the game.

Special thanks to Mistwell for the "all you ever needed to know about druids and more post."

Most appreciated.

Remove ads