• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spikey's Melee Damage Calculator

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Well, I finally updated my damage calculator.

I added:
  • Lightning Fists
  • Improved Power Attack
  • Supreme Power Attack
  • Geater TWF
  • Supreme TWF
  • Absolute Ambidexterity
  • Power Critical
  • An option to add more attacks at any BAB

I changed:
  • Got rid of Haste option - if you want to add an attack from haste, use the extra attacks section
  • Put Str Mod back on main page
  • Added a big bright "This is the final damage" section close to the top right so you won't have to scroll down to see final damage
  • Fixed average damage calculations so that it won't be wrong if you have penalties that would have taken min damage below 0.
If anyone sees any errors or has suggestions, please let me know.

--Excellent Spikey

Oh yeah, the link is in my sig - just go to downloads.

Last edited:

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Re: Re: Spikey's Melee Damage Calculator

CRGreathouse said:

Out of curiosity, what formula do you use?
It's so simple I can't believe I didn't do this to start with.

Min damage and max damage are is separate cells, so I set an if statement that sets min damage to one if it's less than one, then add min damage and max damage and divide by two.

Pretty elegant if I do-say-so-myself.

--Busy Spikey

Davin

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
...so 1d6-4=1.5?
According to his formula it should, but in reality, it should be 1.1666 (average 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 = 7 / 6 = 1.666), or .5 if you allow the minimum total roll to be zero.

His formula also doesn't work properly if (for some reason) you're rolling more than one size of die at a time.

Last edited:

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Davin said:

According to his formula it should, but in reality, it should be 1.1666 (average 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 = 7 / 6 = 1.666), or .5 if you allow the minimum total roll to be zero.

His formula also doesn't work properly if (for some reason) you're rolling more than one size of die at a time.

Well S***.

You're right.

Well, its close enough. And besides, who is going to use the sheet to test out a character with a strength penalty?

--Back-to-the-Drawingboard Spikey

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Here's a portion of my stat block generator:

Code:
function hpAve(die,mod) {
 if(mod>=0) return die/2+mod+.5;
 if(die+mod<1) return 1;
 return (die+mod-1)*(die+mod)/2/die+1;
}

In Excel, it would be:
Code:
IF(mod>0,INT(die / 2 + mod + .5), IF(die + mod < 1, 1, (die + mod -1)*(die + mod) / (2 *die) +1))

This calculates a single die; if you want to use it, change it to however you need it. I suspect you won't need it, though. ;)

SpikeyFreak

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Here's a portion of my stat block generator:

Code:
function hpAve(die,mod) {
 if(mod>=0) return die/2+mod+.5;
 if(die+mod<1) return 1;
 return (die+mod-1)*(die+mod)/2/die+1;
}

In Excel, it would be:
Code:
IF(mod>0,INT(die / 2 + mod + .5), 
IF(die + mod < 1, 1, (die + mod -1)*(die + mod) / (2 *die) +1))

This calculates a single die; if you want to use it, change it to however you need it. I suspect you won't need it, though. ;)

I'm going to have to see if I can implement that.

In the mean time, I've added an option to disable more attacks from a high BAB to allow for cla/cla/bite attacks. Now I just have to figure out how to do more complex natural attack rountines.

Oh, and I fixed a few bugs.

--Excited Spikey

Remove ads