• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Equally annoying, the PDF version of Monstrous Compendium Volume One: Spelljammer Creatures appears to no longer be available from WotC. What was previously a link to a D&D content library on the Wizards website is now just a link to D&D Beyond, where that content is available only in digital format. Boo!
Not surprising, that dropped.prior to the acquisition going through. All digital content will probably be strictly through Beyond now.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmmm....

I love anime. And this is very anime. But...its kind of strange.

Spelljammer academy? On a random island near Chult? And people just...go there, fight simulations, get tested, and fly out into the multiverse...its very...

Well, I'm sure a lot of people will like it! So good on WotC for producing it.
Well, they gotta learn to fly somewhere.

It's free. Use it or not. I always copy and paste this stuff in case DNDbeyond goes away. Easy to read that way if you want.
it was free but they made it harder to use so no one should point out they are trying to make things harder to use... even though this is the same format if you pay for things.... that doesn't seem like a good argument.

Are we allowed to complain about it after if it sold, even if we still have the "free" version? What if it isn't really "free" because it requires you sell your data and eyeballs for it? Are we allowed to talk about it then?
it's funny how many conversations on this board get people saying "You shouldn't talk about this" especially if they disagree with you...

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You can download and view Beyond content offline, just like a pdf.
I don't mean to derail this thread (more), but how do I do that? To be clear: I know how to save web pages, and I'm aware that the phone app lets me download content for offline access in the app, but from your response I'm wondering if there is some sort of offline viewer for the website content that I've somehow missed.

I don't mean to derail this thread (more), but how do I do that? To be clear: I know how to save web pages, and I'm aware that the phone app lets me download content for offline access in the app, but from your response I'm wondering if there is some sort of offline viewer for the website content that I've somehow missed.
I don't think that is a derail... not at all, if someone had a good way to view it like a PDF i would love to hear it.

Remove ads

Remove ads