• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Speculation on the art in the new core books

DavyGreenwind

Just some guy
I like this guy.
6cf350890dee84a4a78a012d05e55a65.jpg

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Here are paleontological uses of AI imaging to reconstruct skeletal remains of the reallife "hobbit", Homo floresiensis. They are about a meter tall. Note the large hands and feet. There is still debate about how humanlike or bonobo-chimpanzee-like the face should be, and I am skeptical about the accuracy of AI at this point in time. But for fantasy purposes, something like these seem realistic for a Halfling species.

0_Image.jpg

2_Image.jpg

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Here are paleontological uses of AI imaging to reconstruct skeletal remains of the reallife "hobbit", Homo floresiensis. They are about a meter tall. Note the large hands and feet. There is still debate about how humanlike or bonobo-chimpanzee-like the face should be, and I am skeptical about the accuracy of AI at this point in time. But for fantasy purposes, something like these seem realistic for a Halfling species.

0_Image.jpg

2_Image.jpg
Get that guy a waistcoat and a long-stemmed pipe!

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
So for D&D art purposes, analogous to elven pointed ears,

The telltale feature of the Halfling would be a prominent browridge and cheekbones surrounding the eyes. It reminds me a bit of goggles.

Meanwhile, the ears tend to be round and outward. The hands and feet are proportionally larger than for most humans.

They seem decent-looking.

Last edited:

Remove ads